Chapter Twenty-Two

I must've fallen asleep pretty late because when I wake up, it's 1:00 in the afternoon.

"Morning sleepyhead." Sasha says and I open my eyes to see my head is on her lap.

I quickly get up, "I'm so sorry, did I sleep like that the whole night?"

"Yeah...you did." She laughs and I apologize again, "It's okay, I slept well anyway."

"What time did you get up?" I rub my eyes and stretch.

"About an hour ago...I didn't want to get up and wake you." She answers.

I grab my phone off my nightstand and I notice I have a bunch of text messages, from Roman I assume.

I read it and I'm surprised to find out it's actually from Dean.

Dean:
Hey
Seth?
Baby boy
Are you ignoring me 😭
Are you up?
Hello...
TWO TONES!!!

I smile and reply back.

Seth:
no im sorry
i slept late and just woke up now
what's up dean-o
also never call me two tones again

Dean:
Dean-o?

Seth:
idk you gave me a nickname so i thought i'd give you one too
it's stupid sorry
i won't call you that anymore

Dean:
No, it's cute! I like it.

Seth:
oh then good

Dean:
I just wanted to make sure I'm still picking you up today.

Seth:
yeah of course

Dean:
Great I'll see you at 6

Seth:
sounds goood

Dean:
Bye baby boy, I'm headed out to get lunch.

Seth:
kk have fun

"Why are you so smiley?" Sasha says, making me look up from my phone.

"What?" I raise my eyebrow.

She pulls my phone out of my hands without asking.

"What are you doing?" I try to grab my phone back but she slaps my hand away.

"Ow!" I gasp and rub my hand.

Sasha was pretty freakishly strong so I didn't bother to fight and get my phone back anymore.
I watch impatiently as she scrolls through my phone.

"Aww I knew you were texting Dean, just by that smile on your face." She teases and I blush as I snatch my phone back from her hands. "You two were totally flirting by the way."

"No we weren't, we just have nicknames for each other. Don't all friends do too?" I defend.

"If you say so." She shrugs with a smile.

Sasha gets up off the bed and starts walking out of my room, "Where are you going?"

"To eat lunch, you coming or not?" She asks.

I honestly wasn't hungry but I mind as well eat.

I nodded and followed Sasha to my kitchen.
~~~~~~~~
By 6, both Sasha and I were ready to leave.
Roman was picking Sasha up while I was being driven by Dean.

"You are dressed waaay too fancy." I say as I look at what Sasha was wearing.

She was wearing a light blue dress, it had sparkles and diamonds all over it.

"And you are dressed way too casual." She argues back.

"Sure...hey, isn't that the dress you wore for graduation last year?" I tease.

"Very funny. But jokes on you, I just got this dress last week." She smiles proudly.

We are interrupted by the sound of a car honking outside.

"Is that Roman or Dean?" I ask as I open the front door and look out.

It's Roman and Dean.

"Hey Seth. Were you planning on telling me Dean was picking you up instead of me?" He puts his hands on his hips.

"Oh shit, I forgot. Sorry man." I apologize.

"Nah it's fine. Just make sure Dean takes care of you." Roman says and I roll my eyes.

"He's just driving me to the same location you are going. Chill." I walk over to Dean's car.

When Dean sees me, his eyes immediately lit up.

I expect it to be awkward between us but I feel oddly comfortable around him still.

"Hey." He smiles at me.

"Hi." I smile back.

"Are you ready to party?" Dean says unenthusiastically, making me laugh.

I expected him to be a party guy, but I guess not.
There's still a lot I don't know about him...and I can't wait to find out more.

"Definitely!" I say back and he laughs.