Chapter Seven

We finished eating for 30 more minutes and then Dean dropped me off at my house.

"Are you gonna be okay in there with your mom?" Dean asks.
"I guess, I can't hide from her forever." I sigh, making Dean chuckle.
"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then." Dean says, but he doesn't leave.

We stare at each other for the second time today and I don't know if I should thank him again, if I should hug him or if I should just go inside.

I don't enough have time to choose one though, because my mom comes bursting outside yelling at me,

"Colby Seth Rollins! What is the matter with you! Do you know what time it is?"

Great.

"Mom, It's only an hour and a half before the time I'm supposed to come home." I groan.
"You have a certain time you're supposed to be home? Why didn't you tell me?" Dean joins the conversation.
"Because I'm in high school now and I don't need one." I said, glaring at my mom by the end of my sentence.
"You do need one. I've told you about being safe—" She stops and looks at Dean, "And who is this young man? I thought you'd be with Roman."
"I can't always be with Roman, mom." I argue.
"No, but you're supposed to. Look at this guy, he looks like some disgusting punk. Why are you hanging out with him?" She scrunches her face up at Dean.
"Don't call him that! I can hang out with whoever the hell I want to, you can't choose my friends." I defend.
"Friend? You're friends with this guy? He looks like some drug dealer who's going to drop out of school next year." She continues to insult Dean.

I turn to look at Dean and I can tell he's hurt and offended but he tries to hide it.

"Well he isn't, he's actually a nice guy. And guess what? I have another friend named Sasha. That's right mom, I have other friends than Roman. Shocker, huh?" I snap.
"I'm okay if you have other friends than Roman, Seth. But you can't have your friends being people like him." She points at Dean.

People like him? What's that supposed to mean?
For some reason, that just pissed me off.

"People like him? You don't even know him, mom. Please tell me what people like him are!" I shout.

She doesn't answer me, making me more angry.

"Tell me!"

We were causing a scene in front of the neighbours but I didn't care.

"I don't like your attitude tonight, Seth. With that poor attitude, you sure as hell won't be sleeping here tonight! I guess you'll have to go to your new friends house, if he even has one." She says before slamming the door in my face and locking it.

I just stare at the door in shock, I couldn't believe what just happened.
I was embarrassed, confused and hurt.

I sit on the steps, tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

I see Dean sit next to me in the corner of my eyes.

"Seth—" Dean whispers.
"I don't want to talk." I mumble.

Dean nods and wraps his arms around me.
I immediately feel comforted and oddly calmed down.

"I just hate...how I always have to be perfect for her. I have to have the perfect grades, perfect attendance, perfect friends, perfect attitude, perfect everything." I cry.

I expect Dean to leave or laugh at me, but instead he listens to me rant about my mother as he comforts me.

"I'm sorry, you shouldn't be controlled like this." Dean says and I nod silently.

He pulls me closer as I cry onto his shoulder.

"Do you want to sleep at my place?" He asks, making my eyes widen.

I stop crying to look up at him and shake my head.

Dean had only just met me and he already bought me dinner. I didn't want him to do more things for me.

"Too bad, you're coming over anyway."
"I said no, Dean." I glare at him.
"You have no where else to stay." Dean frowns.
"I-I" I try to speak but I start sobbing again.

I didn't want to do this in front of Dean but I couldn't help it.
He rubs my back and helps me stand up.

"You can sleep in my room. I have an air mattress there and there's a lot of space. You won't be bothering me, Seth." He offers.

I smile at him.

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows.
"You called me Seth. Not two tones."
"I guess that habits gone now that I know you better." He laughs, "So are you okay to come over?"

I shrug sadly.

"Are sure I won't bother you?"
"I'm 100% sure." He promises.

I sigh and let him drive me to his house.