Chapter Nineteen

Dean and I still have our arms linked when we walk into the cafeteria.

"Oh look, it's the lovebirds." I hear a familiar voice.

I turn to see that it's Sasha talking to Roman.

"Sasha, you do know we can hear you, right?" I say as we walk over to the table.

Dean and I finally separate our arms as he sits next to me.

"Yeah...but I don't care." She smiles and claps her hands together, "I'm so glad you guys made up, you both were killing me."

"Don't be dramatic Sasha." I roll my eyes as I eat my food.

"No, I'm being serious. I should be your relationship counsellor from now on." She says and Dean's face turns a bright pink.

"That won't be necessary Sasha, I think Dean and I've had enough arguments, right Dean?" I laugh and turn to face Dean.

"I can agree on that." He nods.

"Dude...your friends are giving us the meanest glare right now." Roman says as he stares at someone behind us.

I turn and see four boys staring at Dean and I, they look away once our eyes meet theirs.

"Ignore them." Dean shrugs and I turn back around in my seat.

"Are you going to be okay with them?" As much as I hated Dean's friends, I didn't want to get in the middle of their friendship either.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He smiles but I'm unconvinced.

I wondered what would happen between Dean and his friends once they confronted him after lunch.
They are probably going to ask him why he's hanging out with a loser like me.
I'd be asking him the same thing.

"Hold on guys, I'll be back." Dean says and gets up from his seat.

I watch as he goes over to his friends and pulls them outside of the cafeteria, I assume they are heading to the bathroom.

"I feel bad for getting in between their friendship, but Dean offered to have lunch with us and I didn't want to say no." I sigh, looking down at my lap.

"Seth...you're Dean's friend right?" Roman asks and I nod, "You should be able to hang out with him anytime you want. If Dean's friends don't understand that...they aren't his real friends."

"Yeah...and as much as I love your friendship with Dean...I still ship you guys by the way." Sasha adds and I playfully roll my eyes, "His friends are horrible to you. I would've dropped them by now if I were Dean, so what's holding him back?"

"Dean and I have had this conversation a million times. There's clearly a reason why he's still hanging out with them. I don't know why...he won't tell me and I don't want to push it either." I say.

The last thing I wanted was to have another argument with Dean, I guess I'll just have to get over it...no matter how much his friends torment me.

"But are you really okay with Dean still hanging out with people that treat you like literal shit?" Roman raises his eyebrow.

I shrug.

Of course I wasn't, but I also knew how much Dean cared about me. He has to have a reasonable answer to why he still hangs out with those terrible people he calls 'friends', he just won't tell me why.

I don't have much more time to think as the bell rings, interrupting my thoughts.

I walk to my locker but I hear yelling somewhere nearby in the hallway.

I quietly run towards the noise to see what's happening.

It's Dean and his friends arguing.

"I don't care if you don't like him, he's my friend!" Dean shouts.

"Dean...like we've told you before, it's us or it's him." One of the boys yell back.

I felt bad for eavesdropping, but their conversation was about me and I had to know what was going on.

"If you pieces of shit really want it to come down to this, I choose him." He spits.

They laugh and walk up to him.

"You've made your choice, Dean. But it was a bad one. When Randy comes back, you will regret it and you'll lose everything...including Seth." He says before leaving Dean standing alone.

What did they mean by he'd lose everything? And how would Dean lose me?