Chapter Sixteen

The hallway is crowded with students pushing each other to get out the doors.
But all I can see right now is Dean.
Dean standing right in front of me, with the hurt look in his eyes that I caused.

"Seth..." Dean starts but I stop him.

"No, don't. You don't need to say anything." I smile weakly at him.

He nods and listens to me speak.

"What I said to you...is so wrong. I know you aren't like them, you aren't like your friends. I don't know why I said that, I'm so stupid." I shake my head and sigh.

"You aren't stupid Seth." He smiles reassuringly. "If you had friends like mine I'd be very suspicious about you too."

"Does this mean—"

"That I'm going to tell you why?" He asks and I nod, "Seth I want to but I don't know if  I can."

What's that supposed to mean?

"You don't trust me?" I frown.

"I do Seth. I trust more more than anyone else in my life. But I can't..." He trails off.

"Is this about me?" I raise my eyebrow.

He hesitates before shaking his head.

I want to believe him but I don't know if I can.

"If it was about me, you'd tell me right?"

Dean sighs and nods.

"Can we just go to my house and speak about this?" Dean asks and I nod at him.

It's better than talking in a very loud hallway.

I wave goodbye to Sasha and Roman before walking out of the school with Dean.

He takes me to his car and I remember when he took me to a restaurant.
I hadn't known anything about Dean at that time and now I feel like I've known him forever.

"Thanks." I say as he opens the door for me.
~~~~~~~~
When I enter Dean's house, I'm greeted by his mother and a younger girl. She looked about Dean and I's age.

"Are you Seth?" She runs up to me and I stare at her blankly.

I look to Dean for him to introduce her to me but he just stands still.

"I'm Kaitlyn, Dean's younger sister." She smiles.

Dean has a sister?

She reaches her hand out for me to shake it and I accept.

"Um...I'm Seth."

"I know that already, silly." She rolls her eyes, "Dean talks about you all the time—"

Dean pushes Kaitlin out of the room before she could continue speaking, "Okay goodbye Kaitlyn."

Dean then grabs my hand and takes me to his room.

"You weren't going to tell me you had a sister?" I ask when he shuts the door.

"Don't take it personal, I don't tell anyone I have a sister. I'd prefer to imagine she doesn't exist." He chuckles and sits down on his bed, patting the empty space next to him.

I smile and sit down.

"So you talk about me?" I say and his face turns a bright red, "What do you tell them?"

"I-I just talked about our project and...how cool you are." He mumbles and stares at his lap.

Dean looked cute when he was nervous.

"Aww...are you nervous?" I pinched his cheek.

"What? Never." He laughed, trying to push me off of him.

It felt so good to be friends with Dean, I don't want to even come close to losing him ever again.