Chapter Five

Dean and I were outside in the hallway with a paper and pencil in our hands.
It was very awkward to say the least.

"Okay...what's your favourite colour?" He asks.
"You can't just ask me questions. We have to hang out with each other and learn them ourselves." I tell him.
"Fine." He rolls his eyes and drops his pencil on the floor.
"You know what's weird?" I say, making him look at me, "Randy had a friend named Dean before too."
"Oh...cool?" Dean looks at me weirdly before rubbing his face in frustration.
"If you want to get this project done, you have to talk to me." I was getting frustrated myself.

It's already been 5 minutes and he's barley spoken to me.

"Or we can just ask each other questions and finish this project right now." He argues,
"No, I want to do this project right." I cross my arms, "But if you want to finish this project so fast, I suggest you and I hang out a bit today."
"Alright, fine. After school today I can take you to a restaurant and we can talk for a while." He offers, making my eyes widen.

I wasn't expecting him to say that.

"Okay but I need to be home at—" I remember what my mom told me, "Uh never mind. Forget it."

I didn't want to be more made fun of then I already am.

"Okay so its a date?" He asks,
"Uh...w-what?" I stutter.
"I didn't mean it like that two tones." He chuckles lightly at my surprised expression.
"Oh...I knew that." I laugh nervously, "I told you not to call me two tones."
"It's a habit, two tones." He laughs before going back into the room.

I'm still sitting in the hallway, smiling like an idiot.
I quickly wipe it off and pretend that didn't happen.
~~~~~~~~
It was the end of the day and Roman and Sasha were chatting with me by my locker.

"So your hanging out with Dean now?" Sasha's eyes widen when I tell her about Dean asking me to go to dinner with him.
"I mean, I guess. He said after school today." I shrug.
"Is it a date?" Roman raises his eyebrow,
"No Roman, it's just for our project." I roll my eyes.

I was ready for overprotective Roman to start kicking in.

"If it's not a date he better have you home on time." Roman warns, "6:00 was it?"
"Roman, I'm in high school. Don't you think it's stupid that I have to be home everyday at 6:00 the latest and I can't be walking with anyone else but you?" I snap.
"Yeah but with your mother, I wouldn't want to disobey her." Roman points out.

It's true that my mother would absolutely freak out if I came home later than 6, especially with Dean possibly dropping me off. But I didn't want to tell Dean about my curfew because he'd probably laugh or mock me.
If Dean and I happen to hang out later than 6, I guess I'll just have to deal with her.

Dean walked up to us, making my heartbeat fast for some reason.

"Ready to go, two tones?" Dean asks and I nod.
"Have fun Seth." Sasha winks at me before walking away.

Roman walks up to Dean and stares at him face to face.

"If you don't bring Seth back home in one pi—"

I quickly push him away before he embarrasses me.

"Okay bye Roman."

He narrows his eyes at Dean and I before leaving.

"Someone's overprotective." He chuckles.
"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. He's like a big brother to me." I sigh.
"Okay, shall we?" Dean smiles and lifts up his arms, almost as if he wants me to hook mine with him.

I just stare at him, unsure how to respond.
He grabs my arm and pulls me outside.

We stop in front of a car, his I'm guessing.
It was a black BMW. It was nice.
I honestly wasn't expecting him to even have a car, I should probably remind myself to stop judging people by how they look.

"Surprised, huh?" He says, reading my mind.
"Yeah...is this yours?" I raise my eyebrow.
"Yes, It was my sisters but she gave it to me for Christmas last year." He shrugs, "Nothing special."

I roll my eyes and open the door to get in.
He stops me and opens it for me, making me blush slightly.

"Oh...thanks." I chew in the inside of my mouth to avoid smiling.
"The pleasures mine, two tones." He says with a charming smile.

I want to yell at him for calling me two tones again but I decide to let it pass.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, putting on my seatbelt.
"You'll have to find out." He says as he starts the car.