Family Dinner

Morgan and I cooked a massive dinner while everyone else sat in the living room and talked. Every now and then, we would contribute from the kitchen to the larger conversation in the Living Room. There were also drive-by kissings from Jessica and Helen. Both patted Morgan's tush, which is interesting because Morgan also patted their behinds. Football players do it all the time to each other, so I guess it is not that huge a step. It is new.

My parents sat next to Marvin and Skye, and they got the stories of how they found out, Helen's stabbing and the emergency surgery and the loss of the baby, The whole history of the Sirens, and how Morgan was turned. The porch. The Siren Song. The way I brought her back. The bites. It sort of undid the 'permission' thing a little, but by this point in the story, Marvin understood the requirement to have Morgan back to herself. A sort of post-bite permission.

It is here that Morgan called from the kitchen "I never told Mother that whole story, Dad. You are getting it at the same time she is."

Skye looked irritated. "All I got from her Marvin is something like: 'I was bitten by a male Vampire, same as you mom'. It is NOT the same as me, because I never saw the Vampire male that bit me ever again, and I was left with wracking guilt for years about how I had been raped, even though at the time I was as willing as I could be. That is how Vampire scent works."

Morgan explained to her dad and also perhaps to her mother how all that worked in OUR house. "Adrian's scent is the most powerful scent known to Vampire kind. It affects female Vampires. Not as much, and not the same way, because his scent has another purpose. It is part of how Vampire women get pregnant too."

I added to that: "I am one of two with amped-up scent, the other being Morgan. Not sure she causes ovulation, but she can control any human male to a much greater extent than most Vampires, and she also affects Vampires."

"Our wedding night was amazing." Helen said.

Marvin looked over to Jessica "You are a Doctor and a Vampire. Please explain?"

Jessica nodded her assent. "On the Bell Curve of Vampire scents, a normal Male Vampire scent would not affect a female Vampire. No more than a nice cologne, for example. A heterosexual female human would really really want to have sex with him, and not know why, but she would if he asked, or at least as long as he did not run away. What happened to Skye when she was human. In terms of evolution, our scents are how we attract humans to us. Tonight, have Skye demonstrate to you her scent. You will have an excellent evening. You will better understand the drive it creates."

"Skye?" Marvin asked

"Never needed to use it on you. Once you remember who I am, that is all the incentive you have ever needed. But, if you like, I will show you." Skye said slyly.

"It sounds interesting." Marvin said in a conversational tone that fooled no one.

Jessica continued."Adrian is different. His scent affects not only humans at an insane level, it affects female Vampires as well. Sidebar: Morgan, even though she was under the influence of the Siren Song, had no chance against his pheromones. When Adrian pulled her away from the Siren Song, her human mind was an ocean of boiling lust that pushed her rational self far, far away. I know you know Morgan is all about being her rational self. That Morgan was gone, and all she could think about was her need. Pure animal need. Her frontal cortex nullified." Jessica touched the back of her skull. "But here and here" She touched the op of her head next "Would be lit up like it is radioactive. The different parts of the brain that map to the different erogenous zone ALL having an electrical storm of the ages." Jessica touched her forehead. "Here? Stone cold."

Morgan looked at me, then added "That is the truth. It is hard for me to admit, especially to my parents, but I was gone. My every thought turned to how to stop the burning need that consumed me. It was both awful and wonderful, at the same time. Well. Not EVERY thought. I was in there someplace. I was not in control."