Hookup Bar

It turned out we had more than an hour. They never appeared. Helen and I enjoyed an afternoon, evening, night, and morning to ourselves. It was a lot like France again. France before Jessica and Morgan arrived from the US.

In fact, when we got home, it was a lot like France AFTER they arrived.

I asked Jessica what they did while we were out. She grinned at me and said "None of your business."

I looked at Morgan. She looked back at me impassively, in essence telling me she was not going to say if asked. They are both freshly showered so scent clues are gone. At least one of those showers was after they worked on Helen's car because it was up in the lift in the garage, and I could see suspension parts hanging out from under its nose and a pile of parts neatly stacked and labeled for replacement to one side. It looks like Helen is getting an entirely new front end, and four new wheels and tires.

So, that was shower number one: Degreasing.

The bed has fresh sheets on it. The fridge contained a new bowl of partially consumed Guacamole in it, but it is not the recipe normally used in bed. The dishes were run, and there was another bowl in there that looked and still vaguely scented like it WAS the love-guac.

Jessica saw me looking at it, and asked "Again? I was thinking tonight we'd do other things."

"I was just making sure it was clean before I put it away." I told her.

After we had the Crew in their assigned beds that night, everything was back to 'normal'. Jessica, Morgan, and I, Helen and Rachel. I smiled over at Helen and touched her shoulder, who smiled back and stroked my arm with fingers. Every time we take the time to maintain our relationship, it helps the larger one.

Sometime in the night, Morgan roused me.

When I fell asleep I wrapped myself around Jessica, who is sleeping on her back. "Come on, snuggle bunny. DeWayne called. Tommy struck last night." Morgan subvocalized, so as not to wake our family.

That pretty much snapped me wide awake. Jessica grumbled and reached for me as I slipped away from her, and that required some careful negotiation of bodies to disengage and not wake her.

We grabbed our clothes and went into the living room to dress. It's a house of Vampires so we talked not at all. We dressed quickly and quietly.

Morgan holstered her Glock 9. So did I. For Tommy, in a possible crowd, we both went with 9's loaded with soft points. A female Vampire would have had us using our 10's and semi-jacketed / soft point stagger clips.

We both have concealed carry permits. Jessica made me get it when she updated my shooting skills. She is done with me getting beaten to shreds by random groups. I am not a fan of guns, but after my life since being turned, I did not fight it too hard. Now that I am a partner in Morgan's business, it makes sense. Morgan is working on getting me going on a PI license. When she says 'partner in all things' she means it.

The same Vampires that create new identifications can also give you any background you need. I was soon going to have a degree in Law enforcement. I already have a concealed carry, and interviewed with an agency to sponsor me. IE Morgan said 'Come join me' and I said 'OK.'. The background check came back clean. Imagine that. So it is just about the paperwork now.

In the garage, Morgan asked "My car or yours?"

"You drive. You know these people, they know your car."

"Good point. If I roll up in a Fiat, they will give me a lot of shit." Morgan got in and flipped the top back.

"Yeah. I'll have you know the 500C was assembled in Mexico from all North American parts. Your car was built in Japan."