The Buick

Adrian looked around the first story of the house but did not see, hear, or smell either Morgan or Jessica. Helen sat sipping on some French Roast coffee at the main kitchen table and saw him looking about.

"They are out in their new garage. We created two monsters when we said they could build that thing. Vampires and their toys. They are putting the finishing touches on the Buick." Helen told her husband.

Adrian smiled, feeling like he should have known that.

Helen did not understand either of her wives fascination with all things mechanical, nor their projects, but she is not really complaining. She was glad they are happy and entertained. As far as she is concerned (as a half-a-millennia old multi-multi billionaire Vampire) the new garage is cheap entertainment if it keeps her loves happy.

"I think I'll go have a look." Adrian said.

"Have fun. The girls are all having naps right now anyway." Helen indicated up the stairs.

"All three down at the same time? I think a miracle has occurred." Adrian said.

"It is not as if I have not been putting children to bed for bloody centuries." Helen said to that.

Adrian left through the kitchen, went out past the small garage, the RV sheds, the open gravel lot, and to the massive new building that contained the garage that Jessica and Morgan designed and built to their specifications. Downstairs it is a professional grade facility, with lifts, compressors, machine shop, CNC, lathes, 3d printer, massive toolboxes, and a section that can be turned into a paint booth. Morgan keeps her 1991 Miata in showroom condition in here (though before the garage it was STILL pristine, just not as easily kept that way), and Jessica always has projects, from rebuilding boat motors to painting dollhouses she built for the girls. Jessica and Morgan could design and build almost anything with this facility, including creating missing and / or unobtainable parts.

Their current joint project is an old Build Regal that was given to Adrian by his ex, Vera. The car had been at the center of Adrian and Vera's breakup. Vera hated the car because it always broke down. It always broke down because it was junk when she bought it, and Vera never did anything to take care of it. Vera wanted to just put in gas and drive it. The ancient car rewarded her neglect by being towed a great deal.

To deal with the unreliable and unmaintained car, Vera decided one day (out of the blue it seemed to Adrian) to have it stolen so she could collect on the insurance and get a new one. Adrian decided upon hearing that plan from Vera that was the final straw in their on and off again, seven-year-long relationship. He broke up with her, and shortly after that met Jessica.

Later, when it turned out that Vera is a Siren, and Adrian took her to meet her people, it also turned out that she had decided to not have the car stolen after all. Because Adrian broke up with her over it, Vera kept it. When Adrian introduced her to her fellow Sirens, she also had been hoping for a reconciliation with him, complete with no underwear to speed things along. Adrian being with Jessica and a Vampire by that point in time put a wrench into that plan, so Vera just gave him the car. Its symbolism now a lost cause for her.

Later, after Morgan joined the marriage (Vampires being naturally polyamorous, even if they infrequently marry), and there was a growing friendship between Morgan, Jessica, and Vera, Morgan, and Jessica decided to make the car a project, and restore it from a complete teardown to bare metal.

Adrian visited the project from time to time to see how it is going.

One time early on in the restoration process, Adrian found his spouses with the engine lifted out, on a stand, and torn apart. He asked Jessica "So, what's it look like in there?"