Unfolding

We stood at the back of the Honda. Tommy's body was unfolded and extended out straight on the ground. His face is still pointing the wrong way. After the smelter, it won't matter anyway.

Carol, Anne, Denise, Morgan, and I stood in a semicircle across the end of the Honda with Jessica and Helen right behind.

"This family keeps doing the Crew's work. We may have to put you on the payroll." Anne said.

Morgan was stone silent, as she surveyed.

She is not proud.

She is horrified, and all the feelings she shut down and repressed are surfacing. Morgan is a lot like me in so very many ways. I do that emotional suppression / shutdown thing too. The goofing in the car a brief respite.

I handled the conversation for both of us. Morgan is not going to say anything.

"I assume we can hand this guy off, and not be charged for a disposal fee? I know he was my parolee and all, and I treated him very poorly as you can see, but..." It was a horrible joke, but I was searching for anything to lighten up the situation.

Denise treated that like it was a serious question. "Oh, no. There was a NorthAm wide alert out for him. Council directive. This one is on the Council."

I said gently "I was kidding."

Denise looked away from the body. "Oh. Sorry. I am still marveling at this." She indicated the body, in the general area of the head.

I pulled Morgan away. She did not need to hear about that being a marvel.

Cupping her chin, I tilted her face up to look at me. She resisted, but not completely. I saw what I expected. Horror at what she had done.

"Morgan. Not going to tell you not to feel that. I understand completely how you feel. I do that same thing. In the heat of the moment, calm, cool, and collected. Afterward, total meltdown. You earned it. You should feel it. Just know this: No matter what, I love you. I know you are going up away and inside your head right now, so I am going to ask. May I kiss you?"

I waited. I saw conflict dancing in her eyes. "You can always kiss me." She said, finally.

Jessica and Helen know this is something I have to deal with right now. They would talk to her later, and each in their own way. I know all of them that well these days: It's like we are married or something.

I kissed Morgan very gently. Lightly. As lovingly and at the same time as non-sexually as I could. I wanted her to only know my love, not the remnants of lust still careening around in my head and body because of the motorcycle cop incident.

I touched her cheek as I kissed her, and felt the tears.

I pulled back a millimeter or two and spoke against her lips. "I hope you know a few things about tonight. One is that you can write on my butt and I know what you mean. Two is that you can look at me in a car, and I know you are going to spray down a cop with Morgan flavored lust mist."

I felt the smile as her face changed shape against my lips

"That was rather ... Amazing?" She whispered back.

"You know what bothers me about you?" I asked

"No. What?" Morgan asked, curiosity coming through the emotional fog she is feeling.

"Sometimes, when we are together I think I am like Angel. That I know what you are thinking or feeling. It's like we are growing more alike."

"Yes. Ever since that blood loop when I was shot. We were always like that? After you turned me, more so. After that blood loop?" Morgan stayed in that soft voice. Helen and Jessica can hear us. They will know what they need to know when they talk to her.