Freezer

Three nights of checking houses. Three nights of nothing.

After each night we ended up at the RV park in the morning to see the family, have breakfast, and in one of our cases, nurse.

DeWayne was called in on other cases. Carol only came around when he is at work, or we are doing our B&E. Other than that, she is at DeWayne's. It seems Carol might have fallen pretty hard already. Not that I blame her: If I were gay or a hetero woman, I'd be spending the night there too.

We took part of the third night to hang out at Holly's and see her. Talk about how things are progressing in terms of planning for the tapwall, and the new Pizza oven. The answer to all of those things is: It takes a long time. There are drawings to submit, contractors to hire, materials and color choices to make, and a thousand other trivial things. Even the great big illuminated sign for the roof that reads 'Holly's' needs to be ordered and built, and an electrician has to run weatherproof power up there, and a structural engineer has to say that the roof is strong enough and if it isn't we have to get that fixed. Projects like this will not only nickel and dime you to death, but peck your eyes out with the minutia of the details.

For me, the main thing I want is to continue to heal the rift I caused here. The more I see it with my current point of view, the more I realize that just being back with Holly more would have had everything else take its own course. I did not need to push the rope.

Also, since we are here, to scent around for Tommy.

He has not been back again.

Tommy is not stupid. He knows this is our friends' place. In retrospect, I am surprised he came back at all. This is perhaps the measure of his insanity: he knew a gay couple was here, and so he had to check one more time, just in case. He took a chance, and I am guessing the stress of being caught by us while he was here must have overwhelmed his need to kill. Maybe that is why he was outside and urinated here. It is not only that seems to be his preference but that going inside was too big a risk.

I guess. What do I know about serial killers? More or less Vampire ones.

Denise, Jessica and I are looking at our second house of the evening on the fourth night, Comparing it to satellite imagery, and deciding upon the best path in. Just because there are no dogs does not mean there are not gauntlets of camera coverage to deal with. I looked at the house in IR, compared it to the pictures, and tried to find a path. Anne had a HUGE telephoto lens on a digital camera designed to work well at night, so we could look at a camera I spotted, zoom in, and see where it pointed.

"I can't see any way up to the house on this side that is not double covered by cameras. We may have to add another skip reason: come back later after cameras are remotely disabled by Crew hackers."

Denise opened up the site packet that daytime Crew and Angel assembled for here, and traced along the fence lines on the opposite side. It has a very sheer cliff on that side. When you are rich, you can build on the sides of cliffs with amazing overlooks. We have the security system install documentation, and Jessica and Denise leaned in together and looked at that.

"If you come up the cliff, there are fewer cameras on that side. Fewer but not zero. One on each end looking away, one on each end looking to center. You'll be tiny. Unrecognizable. It will blow the 'dog teasing' thing, unless they think you, as a 'Professional Dog Teaser' thought mistakenly that there is a dog here when there isn't. That will blow your professional designation. A pro would know." Jessica said. Denise grinned over at her.

My phone vibrated. I looked at it and then answered. "Hi Morgan."

"He was here, Adrian. We have a body." Morgan said.