eight ( One Step Closer )

Tap! Tap! Tap!

A small chubby hand tapping Xiao Zhan's cheek, brought him back from cloud nine to earth again.

" Zhan- Shūshu.... I'm sick. Take care of me..." Ah Liang complained. She touched her own forehead.

"Ahh... Yah! Let's go see doctor, then!" Xiao Zhan felt embarrassed.

Wang Yibo nodded. And both of them rushed to the car.

At night, Xiao Zhan tucked Ah Liang inside her blanket after she fell asleep. She slept earlier. Maybe the effect from the medicine which caused drowsiness. He caressed her cheeks then kissed her forehead.

Wang Yibo leaned on the door frame watched him taking care of the little girl.

I can't believe that you were a gangster once in the past, who mercilessly shot and stabbed the people who stood in your way. What I can see now a soft hearted man full of love and care. Love really can change people, wether turn into good or bad.... Wang Yibo talked to himself in his mind.

"Wang Laozhi..." Xiao Zhan called out Wang Yibo.

"Y-yeah?" Wang Yibo who was deep in his thought stutered a little.

Xiao Zhan cuckled. He walked toward Wang Yibo, and asked, " Are you hungry?"

Wang Yibo didn't answered immediately. He stared at Xiao Zhan.

"Hey, Lao Tzu! I'm asking you!" Xiao Zhan scolded his master, startled Wang Yibo.

"Uhm... Why? Are you hungry?" Wang Yibo asked.

"Yeah, of course. I haven't had my dinner. I'll cook for both of us, then," Xiao Zhan said. Then he stepped out of the room.

"Hey!" Wang Yibo grabbed his hand.

"What?" Xiao Zhan glared at Wang Yibo. Then to his hand that held by him.

"No need to cook. I'll order the food," said Wang Yibo.

"Why? Are you affraid my cook doesn't taste good, uh?" Xiao Zhan felt offended. But then, he smiled widely and said, " I'm a good cook since I have to take care of Ah Liang alone. So you don't need to worry if my cook would taste horrible!"

"You are too tired. Don't tired yourself," Wang Yibo insisted.

"I'm fine, Lao Tzu. Cooking is not a big deal to me." Xiao Zhan persistent. He dragged Wang Yibo to the couch and sat him there. "Now you sit there, while I cook. It won't take long. Only a simple dish!"

Xiao Zhan smiled, then he left to the kitchen.
Wang Yibo followed Xiao Zhan with his eyes. He saw Xiao Zhan putting his apron and started to cut and wash the ingredients skilfully.

How am I gonna to reveal myself to him? My feeling? As far as  I know he is straight. And he said he's straight. I don't want him to stay away from me when he knew what i felt about him. I don't want to lose him again.

Wang Yibo kept struggling with his thought, between to tell Xiao Zhan the truth or just keep it to himself.
Ah Liang's whimper sound could be heard to the living room throught the opened door. Wang Yibo averted his attention to the room. He saw Ah Liang moving relentlessly in her sleeping. Wang Yibo got up and walked into the room. He bent down to caress Ah Liang head. He pushed the strand of her hair which sticking  on her cheecks.

"Mama... Mama..." Ah Liang talked in her sleeping.

"Hush.... I'm here...." Wang Yibo whispered.

Ah Liang still kept moving, but stopped talking. The perspires wetted her hair and face. Wang Yibo wiped Ah Liang's face with the wet towel on the side table. After some times, Ah Liang calmed down. She didn't keep moving. Her breathing also came steady and went slower in her deep sleep. Wang Yibo let out his breat, relieved. He stood up, picked the basin used to put the water to wetted the towel, and turned around, when he saw Xiao Zhan leaned on the door frame, hands crossed in front of his chest and smiled softly at him.