twenty - eight ( A Trait )

Yibo awoke by the sound of an engine. His hand rummaged to the side to find a cold and empty space.

"Zhan ge?" He called his bae with a sleepy voice.

When he didn't find Xiao Zhan there, he got up abruptly.

"Argh!" He grunted,feels the sharp pain sting at his lower back. He recalled what had happened earlier. Then a sheepish smile formed on his lips.

He flinched when someone unziped the tent entrance roughly. And he sighed when he saw Hai Kuan.

"Yibo! Are you ok?" Asked Hai Kuan.

"Y-yeah... I'm fine. Only... Urgh! My back is pain!" Said Yibo.

"Can you walk?" Asked Hai Kuan again.

"I guess not..." Yibo replied in a low voice and then blushed.

"Come! I'll help you!" Hai Kuan grabbed Yibo's arms.

"No! I mean... Wait! Where is Zhan ge?" Yibo asked his brother.

Hai Kuan stuned. He gazed at Yibo. Lips quivering. Yibo felt his breath hitched.

"Brother! Where is he??" Yibo screamed.

"I - I also don't know. He called me earlier and asked me to pick you up here..." Hai Kuan voice was trembled.

Yibo couldn't hold his tears.

"What else did he say??"

"That's all! He said he needs to go. That is all! He didn't let me ask him, either..!"

"Why? Why, Zhan ge? Why???" Yibo got into his outburst.

Hai Kuan could only watch him with the ache in his chest. Yibo cried his heart out. The thing that had happened in the past has come again knocking at Yibo's hopeless longing. He just got his life back after he burried it with Xiao Zhan's disappearance. And now, he has to long again and burried it one more time for until when.

"You promise me to never leave me again, Xiao Zhan...! Why are you so selfish? Where can I find you now??" Yibo's whines brought Hai Kuan back to sense.

"Yibo... Let's go home..." Hai Kian grabbed Yibo's arms and helped him to get up.

"Why, Brother... Why did he leave me again?"

"He'll be back... I know he'll be back again, Yibo... He must be has something to do, that's why he left you."

"No! He supposed to bring me along with him! Brother! We are soulmate! We're inseparable!" Yibo began to rant while his brother supported him to walk to the car.

🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Xiao Zhan walked into the dark forest. Only in the moonlight illuminated the path he walked on. The sound of night creatures could be hear, accompany every step Xiao Zhan made.

He recalled the night before...

He was sleeping in Ah Liang's room. He wanted to spend a last night with his niece. He recieved a call in the midnight.

"Hello?" Xiao Zhan answered the call with a low voice, scared if he will wakes Ah Liang up.

"Hello, Xiao Zhan.... Remember me?" The voice across the line made Xiao Zhan shivered a bit.

"Yo Ning... " He hissed

A laughter  answered Xiao Zhan.