twenty-four ( The Battle )

Hai Kuan was having a guess in his office. He was his family lawyer, James Huang.

" Is there any progress?" Hai Kuan asked.

James Huang sighed.

"I had a conversation with the judge. He says, there is no chance for Xiao Zhan to win the case. Even if there is, the chance is veeeery thin," James Huang gestured the very thin words with his fingers.

"But why is that?"

"It's due to his background. First, he's unmarried, and he's not Xiao Ren Liang biological father. Second, no other blood relatives family to support and testify for him. Third, he has no promising job to raise Xiao Ren Liang and support her well being. 4th, he is  a gangster former who has been jailed for his crime. 5th, he's a gay, where our country has a strict regulation toward them." James Huang told Hai Kuan the information details.

Now Hai Kuan's turns to sigh. He played with the pen in his hand.

"Is there another option for us to win against Liu YaBin?"

James Huang nodded.

"I can do my best. We can use his background too, to against him. But!"
James Huang didn't continue his sentence.

Hai Kuan stared at him curiously. "But?"

"The custody of Xiao Ren Liang will be offered to the foster parents who eligible to adopt her. So, the court will definitely takes Ah Liang away from Xiao Zhan and place her in the children welfare community until she gets her foster parents."

Hai Kuan exhaled the heavy breath he's been holding. He rubbed his face in desperation.

James Huang squeezed his shoulder, supportively.

"I promise, we will try our best to find the best solution for this case," he consoling Hai Kuan.

Hai Kuan looked at him and nodded.

💮💮💮💮💮

The day for Xiao Zhan to fight against Liu YaBin in the court has come. Their case has been reopened after almost 4  years Xiao Zhan acted as Ah Liang guardian.

Xiao Zhan sat in the front row seat, guided by James Huang at his left side and Hai Kuan at his right side. While Yibo sat next to Hai Kuan.

"Xiao Zhan... Anything happen, please don't take it out of your rage which can make things worse. Let me help you. I will do my best to not let Liu YaBin wins. Ok?" James Huang warned Xiao Zhan.

Xiao Zhan has a nervous face on right now. He only nodded in response. Yibo reached Xiao Zhan's hand which was holding the wooden banner in front tightly. Xiao Zhan turned his head to his right side and saw Yibo looking at him fondly.

"Everything will be fine..." Yibo said, convincing his bae. He squeezed Zhan's hand.

Xiao Zhan nodded. Yibo retrieved his hand back. Xiao Zhan averted his eyes to the another row of the seat over James Huang's back. There was Liu YaBin with his lawyer. Xiao Zhan gritted his teeth in anger remembering that his sister suffered because of him, and he has abandoned Ah Liang for years when she even hasn't born yet. And  now here he is, claiming Ah Liang as his daughter and want to take her away from him.

Liu YaBin felt he:s being watched. He turned his head to see Xiao Zhan stared at him with so much hatred. Liu YaBin smirked, mockingly. Then he mouthed Xiao Zhan "Hello, Faggot".