Prologue

Hey Descendants!

You didn't think that was the end of the story... Did you?

Of course you didn't! But we seriously couldn't resist that call out.

Before we can get started though, we have to get a few things out of the way...

We do not own any of the Disney Descendants' storylines or characters. We are but humble (Ha!) fans who saw the movies and thought, yeah, these are good... but what if this...

(Like, what if we could manage to tie together some or all of the different media canons, and hopefully fill in some plot holes along the way in ways that actually acknowledge each other's existence.) ;)

You know, like good fanfiction writers.

We are the creators of Deez and T. We also have our own plot we've come up with that has nothing to do with the original canon. Just storyline we thought would be a little more in-depth and accurate to an isle full of evil.

But that's another book entirely.

Once again, we do not own Disney Descendants. It wouldn't have aired on the Disney Channel if we did. So please keep that in mind. If you're not okay reading something that wouldn't be on the Disney Channel, you should look elsewhere.

We are Dark and Twisted Sisters, it's our pen name for a reason.

Be prepared for a lot of original content up in this #$@#%! We're definitely gonna be sounding off our own canon.

We originally weren't going to be covering Auradon since WWTM was just supposed to be a prelude, to the first one at least... But as those of you returning hopefully, agree these aren't the OG Core Four. And things never go as planned both in the story and writing it. So now we're covering our version of the Core Four's trip to Auradon.

This book is going to follow the core four (Mal, Jay, Evie, & Carlos) as they navigate life at Auradon Prep. There will be feels, there will be doubts, there will be anger and sadness. There will be blossoming romances.

Warnings or Triggers take your pick-

The core four are still from the isle. They will swear. We are unapologetic.

There will be talks of past abuse. Mental/Physical/Emotional/Sexual

There will be teens stumbling over themselves trying to cope/understand/be there.

There will be adults that don't care, and a few that do.

There will be bullies.

There will be no mention of what's happening on the isle

There will be drug use, though we will try to only lightly imply it.

This will continue to be a coming of age story, there will be experimentation.

There will be some characters that might appear OOC, please call us on it if your worried, but a loose explanation is they all take turns in their grip responses ("In the Grip" is when a person gets out of their natural personality type and into a state of their inferior function, which is usually predetermined by stress factors, making these people act differently than they normally would as a result of a high-stress environment.)

However to the converse of that;

There will be fluff.

There will be hurt/comfort

There will be big brother moments

There will be hugs from the ice queen

There will be fears faced

There will be David and Nani

There will be plot holes filled

And the letter Deez wrote to the King about herself will finally be revealed!

And with no further ado, we now proudly present to you, our lovely readers, Book Two: A Crack in the Mask.