Enchanted Hangout

Notes:

Heyo Descendants!

Happy Hanukkah!

Hopefully all tests are behind us and now we get to focus on the fun stuff.

Twisted and I celebrate Christmas with our families, so we're about to be busy but don't worry, we will be updating as scheduled even on Wednesday. Maybe even a little early if you guys aren't on the naughty list.

But back to the important stuff...

We've got Carlos waking up safe and sound, we've got eight teens heading out to the enchanted lake, we've got shenanigans.

And we hope you enjoy.

Lots of love,

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for Twisted's review.)

The sound of ocean waves crashing against the shore was calming to wake up to. As was the warmth surrounding him; his arms around Jay's midsection, Mal curled around him protectively, Evie's hand on his arm, even Dude tucked near his stomach.

The first night felt surreal. It was the most amount of human contact he'd ever received at once and he'd loved it.

It happening the second time was even more unreal.

And so far, except the night Mal and Jay stayed out, they'd been together. He could get used to these types of sleepovers. It was new. But if this was what new meant now, he'd welcome the change. And hopefully, if no one was stupid to question Mal about it, it would stay this way.

Carlos furrows his brow when he notices the amount of light in the room. It had been a long time since his last sleep terror. He wipes eyes, wondering if he wanted to get up or just lay happily in the pile for a little longer.

A roaring dragon took care of his conundrum for him.

"What!" Evie squeaks as she sits up suddenly, practically ripping Jay out of his hold.

"Mal. Change your damn alarm tone." Jay rolls his eyes as he pulls Carlos closer to Evie.

Like he was expecting him to be a willing sacrifice to her death grip.

"I refuse." Mal chuckles evilly even as she reaches over to shut up the roar. "Look at how effective it is."

"Wonderful. I've gone from night terrors to wake up terrors." Evie presses a hand to her chest, "Thank you so much for that."

"Any time E, glad to help." Mal grins as she mock salutes her.

Carlos groans as he wiggles out of the bed, "I was comfortable." He pouts.

"Don't you have a Dude to walk?" Mal points out, "You're welcome."

"Yeah," Carlos admits with a sheepish grin, "Come on Dude." He quickly snags his phone before he rushes out the door with his faithful companion on his heels.

Besides, he had to call David. Or text. Maybe text.

He waits until he's outside with Dude before he sits on a bench and looks down at his phone.

Hey David.

I know we just talked yesterday.

Just wanted to let you know I didn't

have a terror last night.

I'm out walking Dude now.

Sorry if I woke you up.