Official

Notes:

Merry Christmas fellow Descendants!

Happy holidays! We hope whatever it is you do this time of year is fun and special, and if you're reading this on Christmas, thank you for letting us be a part of your day.

Honestly, that's how we feel all the time. Grateful that a world in our minds has made its way into your day. So thank you. Best gift we could ever receive, aside from reviews and comments of course. ;)

But, back to what you're here for, our latest chapter.

Like the chapter title says, something is about to become official. We hope you enjoy Mal and Ben as they stumble through a big milestone in the life of a royal.

Don't forget to check out Twisted's review at the end of the chapter.

Merry Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Happy Reading!

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for Twisted's Review.)

Mal taps her fingers against the door of the limo as she studies Ben curiously.

It wasn't like him to get this nervous. But even she could tell something was off with him. It was starting to put her on edge. She wasn't sure they'd ever shared such an uncomfortable silence. "Will you just spit it out already?" She finally snaps.

Ben blinks before he stops tapping his fist against his bouncing knee, "Sorry." He blushes lightly, "I uh... Well, I have a question I'd like to ask you, and I guess I'm a little nervous about the best way to do it." He grins sheepishly.

"You showed up to my dorm room with a bunch of chocolate-covered strawberries and flowers. You're taking me out to," She makes air quotations, "'Someplace nice'." She sighs, "What are you about to ask me?"

Ben chuckles before he slides a little closer to her and takes one of her hands, "I'd like to ask you to be my girlfriend."

Mal tilts her head, brows furrowing slightly. Wasn't she already? What the fuck? "Okay?"

"Okay like, yes?" Ben asks with a grin.

She looks away, was he seriously asking her to admit it out loud? Ugh. "Yeah, like yes." She mumbled as she shifts in her chair. Wondering if she looked as uncomfortable as she felt.

Ben chuckles before he reaches out and hooks his finger under her chin, as a blush heats her cheeks and bats start to flutter in her stomach. "I have enjoyed all our dates, I've loved getting to know you better without there being any pressure." He tilts his head to the side, "It was important to me that you didn't feel pressured." He explains as he tucks a stray strand of her purple hair behind her ear.

Oh. That's what they'd been doing. Duh. She resists the urge to roll her eyes. Of course, there were tiers to dating here. Ugh. Her eyes narrow. Auradon had a hierarchy for everything. She scowls slightly. Dumb. "You couldn't pressure a goblin into doing something, let alone me." She snorts as she waves her hand dismissively.

"Well, ouch." Ben smiles as he shakes his head, "But still, it was important to me."

Mal chuckles as she rubs her knuckles against her shoulder before she blows on them. "Yeah, I still got it." She grins up at him mischievously.

"You do." Ben softly cups her cheek and smiles as she leans into it, "But I'm not the only pressure I was worried about."

Her eyes narrow. What would Ben be worried about? She rolls her bottom lip between her teeth. Fuck. She frowns. His parents for one. She already knew the queen was excited about it, which was weird but what about his father? How would the King of Auradon feel about his son dating her? A VK? If his lack of fucks about them was any indication, it wasn't a lot. What would the other kingdom's rulers think about it? And what about the other students in school? Better question, did she care?