Cookies

Notes:

Hey Descendants!

Welcome to a new week! We've got three more chapters coming your way this week! Are you guys excited?

We are. We're hard at work on book three!

And now, enjoy.

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

A few days later...

Ben sucks on his bottom lip before he smiles and slips into the classroom. Mal usually got to her classes pretty early, especially since she started avoiding him in the halls. He glances around until he spots her in the back, head buried in her sketchbook.

Nothing wrong with saying hi, right? His smile widens as he walks over and slides into the seat next to her at the lab table.

Mal glances up from her sketchbook curiously before they drop back to her current artwork. She blinks and shakes her head before she looks back up, quickly slamming her book shut. "You spacing out again Prince?" Her eyes sweep over him curiously, "You're not in this class."

"No, not spacing out" Ben chuckles as he rubs the back of his neck, "And I know I'm not in this class." He gives her a mischievous smile, "Must be low blood sugar or something."

Mal blinks before she lets out a snort. "Outta cookies already?" She smirks.

"You got me." He leans back on the stool, "So, I was wondering if you'd be up to a baking lesson tonight."

Mal taps the end of her pencil against her lips thoughtfully, her green eyes sparkling.

"It'd be a great chance to boss me around." He adds playfully, "And I'd love to get to know you better."

"I feel like those letters are putting me at a disadvantage here prince," She smirks. "But, you had me at bossing you around."

"Sounds like I'll have to invite her over next so you can get her impression of me, even the odds a little?"

"Not really helpful right now, but I'm pretty shrewd in my own way." She grins, "And I excel on uneven playing fields."

"It's not helpful at all that I'm willing to answer any questions you have?" Ben teases lightly.

Mal laughs as she playfully pushes him away, "What time?"

"We could meet in the kitchen after practice." Ben jumps on her acceptance, but hopefully not to eagerly, "Coach wants me to work with Jay and Carlos to get them comfortable with all the rules before our first game of the season."

"Sounds like a plan. Now get your ass to your actual class before they accuse me of being a shit influence on you." She pushes his shoulder playfully.

"Yes, mam." Ben chuckles as he stands. He hesitates as he watches her for a moment before he leans in closer to lightly touch her cheek. His heart skips a beat when she leans into it slightly. "Thanks, Mal, I- I'm looking forward to hanging out with you."

"Yeah, I know." Mal rolls her eyes, "I seem to have an affinity for attracting masochists."

Ben tilts his head to the side in confusion, though the thought is interrupted by the warning bell. He glowers as he looks up, frowning at the speaker on the wall as if it were it's fault, "Sorry, got to run." He bends slightly to press his lips to her forehead before he turns.

It wasn't until he was in the hallway, running to his class that he realized what he'd done. He groans at himself. Too much, too fast. They weren't even dating yet.