Letter to the King PT. 2

Hey Descendants!

So many of you have told us your suffering from midterms and finals. First, thank you so much for spending your scarce free time reading our story. Second, we hope you're all taking Carr of yourselves. Third, good luck. You're awesome and you've got this!

And now, part two of Deez's letter.

Lots of Love,

-Dark-

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ben shuts the door and leans against it. He was grateful Lumiere refrained from commenting on his red eyes when he'd been caught in the kitchen. He was appreciative of the offered handkerchief while the man took over the tea to give him a moment to compose himself.

Deez had Pain and Panic that helped raise her.

He had Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Cogsworth, and several other loyal servants who were more like family.

Once the tea had been made, he hugged Lumiere. It had been automatic. He hugged him while letting himself truly appreciate everything the man did and had done for him.

When he found out his mother was in her library, he decided to help make tea and sandwiches for her. The woman who, no matter what, always made sure he knew how much he was loved.

He always knew he was lucky. Never doubted it, when it came to his family. But after reading the first part of Deez's letter, he found himself looking at his blessings a little more closely. And he felt he needed to let them know he loved and appreciated them.

He looks down at the large mug of tea and wrapped sandwich in his hands before he walks over to his desk.

This letter was intense and was taking him more time than he usually needed, to read. Probably because of all the breaks he was taking to work through his thoughts and emotions. He takes a large sip of the hot tea, letting the heat seep into his hands as he holds it in front of him.

Camomile tea. Just what he needed.

And a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

After a few more sips he sets the mug aside, takes a deep, grounding breath before he picks the letter up again.

My visits to the shop, my time with Gil, Harry, and Uma, ended the moment I dropped a plate and burned the floor. Ursula's wrath is terrifying, and fast. So fast. One moment I was struggling to clean up the mess, and the next I was being held underwater. I woke up with my father, coughing up salty water and talking about a strange dream I had. I was so scared and so out of it I clung to him, and he let me. It was strange, and the first time I ever questioned my father's motives. But that was it. A passing question.

My father explained that I'd died. Bluntly. Coldly.

Ben closes his eyes as his heart skips a beat while an icy chill runs down his spine.

If a demi-god had been killed what the hell had the rest of them been put through at the hands of the villains?

How the hell had any of them survived their childhoods? He shakes his head.