Ohana

Notes:

Happy Friday Descendants!

Hope you all are having a good week. Twisted and I are certainly happy with the way our writing has progressed this week. We got soo much work done on Book three... And we plotted out a great deal of Books four, five, six, and we're lining up our ideas for seven. Just in case you thought we weren't taking this seriously.

But back to the current story.

David and Hiro have taken charge of Jay and Carlos while Nani and Lilo take Evie back to her room start working on the mess left behind after the investigation, leaving Ben and Mal to try and salvage the situation created on the school lawn.

Enjoy :D

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for Twisted's review.)

Jay frowns as he walks into David's familiar office.

Without thought, he walks over to the large, heavy wooden table near the window before he braces his fists on the edge of it, cracking his knuckles in the process.

It was a familiar routine when he was this upset. When the pain in his chest throbbed like it had its own pulse.

He takes a deep breath, or at least that was what he was telling his body to do.

But it wasn't working. The room was wavering in and out of focus as he pressed his knuckles harder into the edge of the table. But it felt different this time.

What was going on?

He had no idea how things worked here, but on the isle, pissing someone that loud and proud off was sure to bite them in the ass. He wasn't so sure it was any different here if Ben and Mal had been forced to stay out there and deal with it.

What had Hiro been thinking? He had been so happy at first to see one of the adults defend them so publically and then...

And then Hiro had gone and pulled a T.

He was kicking himself for being amused by it. Carlos looked like he could have passed out at any moment. And for good fucking reason. Who taunted a queen like that? Who would be that fucking bold? That stupidly reckless?

Usually, those questions ended with a single name.

T.

But no, this time it was Hiro. Carlos had an interesting type when it came to the people who ended up wanting to protect him. It would be endearing if they weren't all fucking idiots.

Because that was exactly what they'd gathered since coming to Auradon. Idiots. The tightness in his chest lessons slightly at the humorless chuckle that escapes his lips.

Ben might be the only possible exception to that. And even then, the way he reminded him of Deez so often- No, he was also clearly an idiot. He just hadn't done anything truly stupid... yet.

Still. It just felt so strange... It felt natural. Protect the stupid brat from being an idiot.

Ugh. He didn't have a word for whatever it was. But it reminded him of all the times he had to step in front of T to protect him from himself when they were with Mal.

Maybe it was useful. Or, maybe it was the homesick David warned him he could be feeling.

Watching Hiro made him think of T, made him think of both good and bad times. It made him as sad as it made him happy. It was confusing, and the confusion clouded his mind. Made the tightness come and go.

What the fuck? He closes his eyes as he grinds his knuckles further into the table. Why? What had they done? He struggles to pull in a deep breath again, but chokes as a tear betrays him.