Secret Letters

Notes:

Hey Descendants!

It's Wednesday! So we're writing and bringing you another chapter.

Cool story, btw, we're on the final arc. About thirty chapters before we rewind and check out what's going on with the isle in Book Three: Cracks in the Mask. We thought you guys might like to hear that.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll! We kept the list in mind as we wrote, so be prepared for more Carlos, Ben, Jay and adult points of view as you keep reading.

And that's it on my end of announcements. :)

We hope you enjoy the chapter, don't forget to leave us writers some love

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

Something in the room chirps and tweets melodically before the sewing machine slows to a stop.

Mal lifts a brow. "Did you open the window?" She looks up from her sketchbook with a disapproving frown. It was like thirty degrees outside. What was Evie thinking? If this was some type of beauty regimen she didn't care she was shutting it down. She drew the line at getting sick for fashion.

"No silly," Evie grins as she slides a slim screen from her purse.

She glares at the device in confusion. "That's not the noise the C's makes." She frowns.

"Doug helped me customize it." Evie grins as she holds it out for Mal to see.

"You and your fucking stalkers." Mal snorts, seriously, even in Auradon Evie managed to ensnare with her charms and looks, low key impressed."That kid is worse than T." She rolls her eyes. "At least the tard attempted to be subtle about it."

"I don't know," Evie pouts, "But he is super helpful. He helped me connect to all the really important social media apps."

"Ugh." Mal plops down on the bed, defeated. "So... What are phones for exactly? Socializing?" She pulls a face. But if C was all about them there had to be more than that, right?

"Oh..." Evie frowns as she looks down at her phone.

"What's wrong E?" Mal scoots up so she's sitting up properly, suddenly concerned.

"Oh um... It's nothing." Evie smiles tightly as she lets the phone slide from her hand to lay on the table.

"Doesn't sound like nothing." She walks over to the table where her friend was sitting and swipes the phone. "Why's this thing got you lookin' like that." She plays with it, trying all the buttons till it turns on. Her eyes sweep over the locked screen with a scowl.

"It seems Audrey wasn't all that broken up about Ben dumping her. She's already in a new relationship." Evie breaths out slowly, "With Chad."

"They move on fast here don't they..." Mal frowns as she places the phone back on the table, and places one hand on Evie's shoulder and squeezes it. "I'm sorry E..." She sighs, "I know you had your eyes on big, blonde, and dumb... But seriously, you will do so much better than him. Like so much fucking better."

Evie rolls her shoulders before she sits up taller and looks towards Mal, "You're right. And like Doug says, there's really not a whole lot of there, there."

"I'm always right," Mal chuckles "And the dwarf has a point, that kid is as dense as a brick. I seriously think I preferred you pining over the freak to this prick. At least T had a brain between his ears."