Boys and Hobbies

Notes:

Hey Fellow Descendants!

We hope you're enjoying our second book in the mask series. If you have a character you'd like to see more or just want more of their inner thoughts, let us know on our poll we have on our profile page. We know we're tackling a much broader story by following all the characters, but we couldn't help ourselves.

Shout out if you're enjoying the story :)

Shout out if you want us to bring back the Sea three. :)

Shout out if you want those two independents to show up again. :)

Lolz. Enjoy.

Lots of Love,

Dark

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

Over the next week

Carlos gives Ben a wary look, "You want me," he points to himself, "to run?" he asks before pointing down the field.

Ben chuckles, "Not your thing?"

"Only when something is chasing me." Carlos admits as he absently rubs his arm, "You don't, like have something about to jump out and chase me do you?" He tenses as he looks around.

"My god no!" Ben blinks at the question, slightly horrified. "Is that something that happened in your tombs class?"

Carlos sighs in relief as he claps a hand over his chest, "Once, coach was tired of us never trying or something," He shivers, the memory of the twins chasing him and Deez was one that still woke him up in the middle of the night covered in sweat with a pounding heart, "we avoided it after that and hung out in the library."

"I think I would've too," Ben admits as he runs a hand through his hair. "Our gym isn't so intense." He adds. "So then, books huh? Books are more your thing?"

"Yeah." Carlos grins, "I mean, I can fight with a sword..." He hesitantly volunteers. Jay made sure he could fight with a sword.

"Oh that's perfect," Ben chuckles as he takes him by the arm and pulls him towards the gym. "We do that here."

"You guys learn how to defend yourselves with swords?" Carlos furrows his brow before his eyes widen, "Wait, do you get to make them too?" He asks in excitement.

"It's more for the sport of it here." Ben frowns as he looks Carlos over in concern, "And no, we get them commissioned." He grins, "Though now that you mention it sword crafting would be an excellent extracurricular activity. I'll talk to Fairy Godmother about it."

"Oh, yeah. It's a lot of fun." Carlos sighs as he looks into the distance, in the direction he knew the isle was. He missed Gil. And Deez. And T. Hell, he even missed Harry and they'd rarely spoken except the few times he came to test the swords. And at the Howler.

Ben's eyes soften. "Huh, well If you're into metal work we have a shop class. It's no blacksmithing but it's still fun."

"Oh, uh... No. I never actually..." He fusses with the hem of his shirt, bunching it up between his fists before he smooths it back out, "I came up with the formulas we used to make swords."

Ben's eyes sweep over Carlos, impressed. "So books and science are more your speed?"

"Yeah!" Carlos grins as he looks back at Ben, "Now we're talking."

"We're definitely in the wrong place." Ben chuckles. "Come on, let's go back inside."

Carlos blinks as Ben nearly drags him in his excitement. Didn't he just say he hated running?