The Library

Hey guys!

It's Monday, so here's the first of three chapters this week. With our new schedule, look for our updates on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Just like old times.

Please hit up the poll on our profile page, it's like, way at the top. Its to help us with Book 3. We'd love to hear who you want the story from. Who's perspectives you'd enjoy us writing. What point of view you're most interested in reading. You can select up to five characters or concepts. Curious? Go check it out, we'll be here when you get back. :)

Also, don't forget to let us know you were here. We'd love to hear from you.

And now, enjoy the chapter!

-Dark-

A few minutes later...

Jay looks between Mal and Evie in concern as the three of them follow the Fairy Godmother.

Why hadn't Carlos been pulled out of class too? What was going on? Were Mal and him in trouble for skipping class? His eyes narrow. But if that were the case, then why was Evie here? He didn't like this one bit, and if the look on Mal's face was any indication, she didn't either.

And Evie was looking just as worried as he felt.

Damn it. What the fuck was going on?

"You'll find Ben and Carlos right through these doors. And not to worry, I've already informed your teachers that you'll be missing the rest of your classes today. Don't forget to collect assignments and homework from your fellow classmates." Fairy Godmother smiles as she looks the three over, "We're all looking forward to your tryouts tonight, Jay. Good luck out there."

Why was Carlos, out of all of them, with Ben? He was the last one of them to do something reckless or stupid. It didn't make any sense.

"Thank you." Evie volunteers for the group as the three of them pass her hesitantly. "And of course."

Jay opens the door for the two girls, his brow furrowing as he studies the woman curiously. "Thank you."

Evie walks closer to Mal as they exit the building and walk towards the parked cars.

All three halt when they see Ben and Carlos standing by a limo.

Fuck. Were they being sent back already? What the fuck had they done?

"Hey, guys!" Carlos greets cheerfully, "Come meet Dude."

"Carlos... I think you're holding a dog..." Mal blinks.

"Yep!" Carlos nods, clearly proud of himself, "And his name is Dude, and he's a good boy."

What the fuck? Carlos was hugging a dog. And wasn't screaming. Or cleaning. What the hell was fucking happening? "Okay..." Jay shakes his head. That was the last thing he was expecting when he'd seen the limo.

Evie smiles at Carlos, "He's very cute." She comments with pride in her voice.

"Ben said I can keep him," He bites his lip. "Can I? Please, Mal?" His eyes were wide and pleading.

Mal furrows her brow as she watches Carlos before she puffs out her cheeks, "I-" She shakes her head, "I mean if Ben..." She drops her eyes, "Don't look at me like that." there was an accusation in her tone before she huffs, "Yes, you can keep him."

Jay covers his snort with a cough. That sounded like it had hurt. He knew there was no way Mal was going to be able to say no to C when he looked like that. Protectively holding the animal he'd been terrified of for years. He clasps her on the shoulder and squeezes it. He knew she wasn't a fan of animals in general.