What a Rip

Notes:

Hey Descendants!

Happy Monday. Let me start by saying I'm sorry this chapter isn't very long.

Please enjoy, and don't kill us...

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for Twisted's Review.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay shuffles awkwardly as he watches Fairy Godmother fret at her computer. Was this it? Were they getting sent back?

Was it too late to take the fall for everything to keep the others safe?

"I'm so sorry about what happened earlier." Fairy Godmother presses a hand to her heart, "Queen Leah does not speak for everyone here in Auradon, and she certainly does not speak for me." Her warm eyes travel over each of their faces, "I truly hope you four know that."

Jay slowly nods once he sees no one else was even paying attention, "Thank you. We all really appreciate it." He gives her a small smile. It didn't sound like the start of a conversation that would end with them back on the isle.

Was David right? Did they really have so many people on their side? People willing to fight alongside them to keep them in Auradon? The thought still staggered him.

It didn't help that he was still overwhelmed by Hiro and David's news.

Adoption? A new family?

He was happy for Carlos. He'd never seen someone capture the pup's respect and admiration so quickly. And it would probably be good for him to have someone like Hiro and his wife looking out for him.

But he wasn't going to let himself look forward to being a part of David and Nani's ohana yet. Not until he knew for sure that Mal and Evie were also safe.

"Though with that being said," Fairy Godmother's smile tightens, "I- I am obligated to offer you this special um-" She presses her lips together before she continues, "treat. For Family Week. To wrap up the weekend."

Carlos's head snaps up, "Family weekend treat?" He asks skeptically.

"Um, well yes. Since there's so much uh- Distance between you and your-" She sighs, "parents."

Carlos's eyes widen and he whimpers as he grabs Jay's arm, "We're not going to visit are we?"

"Oh no!" Fairy Godmother quickly holds up her hands, "No no dear one. Nothing like that. It's just a video chat."

"Video?" Evie asks, her voice thin as she pulls her compact out and frantically checks her makeup, "Oh no, I need to completely start over. Should I change? What am I saying? Of course I need to change! This isn't presentable at all."

"If you want to take a few moments before the call that's fine dear." Fairy Godmother frowns as she watches Evie fret over her face.

Mal reaches over and takes her hand, "You look stunning as usual."

"But I've also gained weight M-" Evie closes her eyes as she grabs Mal's arm, "She'll notice that."

"Evie-" Fairy Godmother blinks, her face pinching as if she were in pain, "You look gorgeous. Much healthier than when you came over." Her face briefly reflects her regret. "We all assumed you four might get homesick. Before you got here. It's in the invitations that every family week we celebrate they'll be able to contact you."

"Great." Mal crosses her arms defiantly as she turns to look at Jay, "Right?"

Jay nods once before he looks back to Fairy Godmother, "So, when do we have to talk to them?"