just Desserts

Notes:

Hey Descendants,

Happy Friday!

So, last update you met Nani…

Ready to meet David?

Also, I'd like to make a special shout out to Devinnicole! Thank you so much for editing for us! Your hard work makes it so much easier for us to do quick read-throughs, add details here and there, and then boom, post it. Thank you thank you thank you!

And now… Enjoy :)

But don't forget to leave us some love at the end with Twisted's review.

-Dark-

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jay can't help the quirk of his brow as he studies the brightly dressed man in front of him.

"Aloha," David greets, "Please feel comfortable to make yourself at home, whether that means taking a seat or claiming part of the wall. Personally, I prefer the floor myself."

"Okay?" Jay tilts his head before he walks in and perches on a table, putting his feet in the chair facing the counselor, "Uh, I'm Jay? I was told to give you these." He pulls the crumpled up forms from his jacket and holds them out.

David grins as he takes the papers, "That's how I keep most of my papers too." He walks away before he faces him, only to plop down on the floor cross-legged.

"In what pockets?" Jay asks with a raised brow. The guy was wearing an open button-up shirt that had flowers on it.

"Crumpled, Nani gets on my case for it all the time." He chuckles, as he looks through the papers curiously, "And sorry, my name's David, though I'm sure you know that since you showed up to the right room."

Jay shrugs, "So what do we do here?"

"Well, that depends on you brah." David grins.

"Brah?" Jay narrows his eyes.

"A male friend." He places his arms behind his back, leaning his weight on them, after setting the papers to the side.

"Huh." He wasn't sure what he thought of the odd man calling him his friend, but he did like the way the word sounded. "How does it depend on me?"

"Everyone's different. Some like to dive right into the waves. Others like to take steps. And others still prefer to just dip their toes in first. It all depends on you. What would you like to spend the next hour vibing over?"

Jay frowns as he runs the palms of his hands up and down his thighs, "Uh, can I ask a couple of questions that aren't about me?"

"Sure." David shrugs.

"Wicked." Jay nods absently before his hand covers the pocket with his letter from Deez, "So uh, do you know anything about split personalities?"

"Sure brah," David doesn't even blink, "It's a way the mind copes with trauma to help people who have survived some serious circumstances continue to be doing just that, survive. It sounds scarier than it is though. I've worked with a few who live with it." He offers, "Does that help?"

Jay shrugs, "What about facing it? Like if someone found out they had that, and then wanted to face the thing that caused it?" His hand tightens, wadding the thick fabric of his jacket around the folded page before he continues, "Would it be hard for them to walk away from that?"