Revelations

Notes:

Hey Descendants,

Dark here. I apologize for missing yesterday's update. We had an unexpected death in the family over the weekend and we're still processing that life experience and all that comes with it. So with that and the holiday we'll be taking the rest of the week off and starting fresh next week.

Stay safe fellow Descendants, and Happy Holidays if you celebrate. Lots of love.

(See the end of the chapter for questions.)

Late Saturday night, early Sunday morning

Mal smiles at the growl that leaves their princess's throat as the roar of a dragon echoes around the room, stirring her from her beauty sleep.

That doesn't stop her from fumbling with the damn thing to get it so shut off before Evie started throwing things at her. When she finally hits the mute button she waits for several breaths before she even dared to make another noise, waiting for the beast across the room to settle.

Once she's sure Evie was back asleep, she swipes her phone open.

M? R u up?

Mal takes a deep breath as her eyes glance to the clock in the corner. It was nearly three am. Her chest constricts as a sense of foreboding settles over her.

T.

She rolls out of bed, swallowing a groan before she quickly gets dressed. A ghost of a smile tilts her lips. Another thing to add to her list, sneaking around a real castle a was a lot smoother than trying it at the hangout or bargain castle.

She grabs her phone after she throws on her boots.

 Where r we meeting?

Might get loud. Woods?

Yep. Definitely T related. She swallows her throat suddenly dry. Had Jay done more research while she was on her date with Ben? She rolls her bottom lip between her teeth, nervous of what fucking horrible shit she was about to discover.

Nothing ever made her regret things in her life the way T's secrets did. Back when she'd been obsessed with discovering T's secrets, it was because she felt sure T was a spy for her mother or was trying to take over her gang. Maybe even worked for the other gangs. But she never, in a million years could have fathomed how deep and painful T's secrets were.

And not just to him. T's secrets were fucking with her and Jay. And Deez, she'd written him that letter pleading for his help after all.

So basically, anyone who knew anything about T was probably not sleeping well.

She sighs, it still didn't make any fucking sense.

T was just so clueless sometimes, obnoxiously naive and optimistic. She frowns. At least he had been. She lets out a sigh as she locks the door behind her. Before whatever triggered this snap.

Behind the Tourney Field?

C u there

She wasn't surprised to see Jay already there and waiting for her when she finally makes it to the treeline.

He was pacing back and forth between two trees. Each time he reaches one he punches it before turning. Just back and forth the few feet that spanned them. Though it was dark, she could easily imagine the damage he was doing to his hands. She could even imagine the metallic scent of blood in the air.