Lessons Learned

Notes:

Hey Descendants,

You ready for the fallout of that meeting Ben and his father had, cause we're staring down the barrel of consequences.

Enjoy :)

-Dark-

(See the end of the chapter for Twisted's Review.)

Carlos holds his sword at the ready before he feels the hairs on the back of his neck stand up again. He turns, looking over his shoulder at the beach house. Beyond it. Into the thick green forest of palm trees and shrubs that blocked their little paradise from the view of the road. He couldn't see them, but he could feel their eyes on him.

It's just the people trying to protect us. He reminds himself for the tenth time. It's just good people.

"Pup! Pay a-fucking-tention." Mal snaps as she knocks his blade out of his hand with a powerful kick to the handle of the sword.

"Sorry!" Carlos immediately turns back and rushes to retrieve his blade, "Sorry."

"I get it, but seriously, this ain't any different from any day on the isle." Mal rolls her eyes, "So what if we're being watched?"

"People on the isle were better at it." Carlos pouts.

"Yeah, and we had one of the best at our back." Jay agrees, "Which is probably why their eyes are so heavy. Kid fuckin' haunted us so much we honed a skill by accident."

"Yeah," Carlos frowns, but slowly nods, "You're right." He takes a deep breath and holds his sword up again, "Ready."

"Bet a bag of gummy bears I can disarm you again in ten seconds or less." Mal smiles wickedly at him.

Hiro snickers from the porch swing he was lazing in, "You guys have money, and candy for days-"

"It feels more dangerous to risk candy." Mal taunts.

"We didn't have it on the isle." Jay shrugs, "Man, you should have seen Carlos in the limo on the way here."

"You weren't much more civilized ya know." Mal rolls her eyes.

"Says the dragon that hoarded all the weird colored sour ribbon things." Jay teases as he taps his sword to hers.

"They made my tongue feel funny," She deflects, "It was deliciously worth it, even the burn."

Hiro snickers as he pulls his phone back out.

"Nani might literally kill you brah." David shakes his head as he looks over his shoulder and kicks the frame, setting the swing into motion.

"I'll bet you a box of pocky that doesn't happen." Hiro chuckles as he continues tapping away on his phone.

"Oh, It's on brah."

"Jump in when you're ready Carlos." Jay grunts as Mal brings her sword down on his.

"Sounds good to me." Carlos quickly nods as he settles in to watch their battle.

"Actually jump in Carlos." Mal glares at the boy as she and Jay battle for dominance with their blades.

"Right!" Carlos automatically jumps forward and slips the tip of his sword under Mals, assisting Jay in throwing her off.

"Pretty good, pup." Jay nods in approval. "And here I was worried you were getting rusty."

Mal jumps back, sending sand flying as she glares, "Oh, that's how it's gonna be huh?" A mischievous glint lights her eyes.