3 - Bonus Part

●●●

●●●

Any Stranger Things fan?

●●●

RIDGE MEANDERS

"Thank you for ruining my sleep, mom."

"Oh, stop acting like it's the end of the world. You have school in half an hour. Get up and get ready," she states, getting out of my room in a hurry, probably going to wake my little brother up.

Rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand, I squint them, trying to have a look at the wall clock.

7:27 a.m.

I huff slightly, then make my way towards the bathroom to freshen myself up. Once I'm done with my morning business, I head downstairs to find mom, dad and my ten year old brother, Miles, having breakfast.

"Morning Meanders Family," I greet them, all the way fist bumping Miles.

Anne, our cook comes out of the kitchen, holding a tray full of food - scrambled eggs, toast, a glass of orange juice and bacon. She places the tray in front on me, on the dining table and ruffles my hair.

"Good morning boy," she grins.

"How many times do I have to tell you that you cannot touch my hair?" I mutter in annoyance, trying to tame my hair, again. I seriously need to get a haircut soon.

"I don't know, like a thousand times maybe?" She laughs, then pats my cheek affectionately. "If I don't do it, then who will?"

Anne maybe forty year old lady but she still acts like a teenager. She started working for us when I was just a year old. Ever since, she's kinda stuck with us. Like a family.

"His girlfriend, obviously," Miles mutters from across the table, mouth full with food.

Before I can reply, mom speaks up, "Miles Jonathan Meanders, how many times do I have to remind you that you do not speak with your mouth full. When will you learn?"

"Never," he mutters under his breath. But mom doesn't hear him, I guess. Then he grins up at her. "Sorry mom. Won't happen again."

"Good." With that, mom continues finishing her breakfast, talking with Anne side by side. Isn't she a hypocrite in this sense? But who am I to say anything against her?

I turn my attention towards my dad, to see him busy on his phone, typing with his free hand." Dad, how's work?"

He scans the phone's screen for the last time before placing it on the table. He turns towards me before replying, "Same old- boring. It's the same everyday - paperwork, deals, partnerships. You know, I'm thinking about going on a year long vacation. I really need a break from this corporate world."