24 - She's all yours

●●●

●●●

"Thank you so much Lydia!"

"It's totally fine. I'm happy to know that you guys are finally together." I hug Trish back, squeezing her tight before letting her go. Beaming at her, I push her towards a very happy and content looking Bruce who's been looking at us from the past few minutes. "Now go spend sometime with your boyfriend."

"You are my second favorite person in the whole wide world, Lydia Herrington!" Bruce exclaims, embracing me and Trish both. I giggle softly. These two are hopelessly sweet.

"Now shall I take my girlfriend with me or will she sleep with you guys too?" Ridge voices out, making everyone know that he's also present here. I untangle myself from their hold and take a step back.

"Stop being so possessive, honey. She's all yours." Trish smirks, nudging me with her elbow suggestively. I roll my eyes at her, but do not bother replying. Not like it's gonna make any difference.

Laughing loudly, rest of the group walks towards us, bright smiles illuminating their faces. Everyone is huddled in the small dusty, compact store room but no one seems to care about that, when the reality looks so damn promising. A nostalgic smile makes it's way on my face when memories of Tanner, Em and I, laughing happily back in Washington crosses my mind. And right here, right now, I realize that nothing has changed. I'm here, with my family. Happy and content.

Ridge wounds his arms around me, gazing at me with concern. "Hey, you fine?"

I give him a reassuring smile, putting my head on his shoulder. "Never been better."

●●●

It's our second day at this beautiful place, and I'm so excited! Today we are all going to the beach so we are all currently gathered near the hotel lawn, from where we'll board the bus. When the teacher announces to board the bus, excited murmurs roam around, happy smiles etched on everyone's faces. The crowd is buzzing zeal and eagerness to get to the beach. Since the beach isn't far from the hotel, we reach there in about 10 minutes give or take.

Everyone gets down as soon as the buses are parked near the entrance of the beach. My group of friend and I are all walking together, Trish and Bruce hand in hand skipping through the pathway happily. They look so good together. The teacher asks everyone to pick a place to put their belongings together and get wild. Yeah, that's what she actually said which caused a roar of laughter around the students.

Running and sprinting towards the assigned place, we all put our bags down and then Bruce called for us.

"Yes?"I ask him, walking hand in hand with Ridge.

He waits until everyone is collected at a spot and give us a big grin. "A match of volleyball, losers?"

Em quirks an eyebrow at his confidence. "Losers? I would not like to brag or anything but I'm a pro at volleyball and I can easily kick your slimy ass with a single shot."