14 - 1 - Grand sleepover

●●●

●●●

Sigh.

I texted my group of friends about having a sleepover at my house tonight but there's still no reply. Sighing, I throw my phone on the bed. It bounces once, then settles down.

"What? Still no reply?" Em asks with a frown on her face.

"Nope. I'll just check again." I say and pick up my phone again. I open my inbox to check for any new message but then I see something really, really stupid. The message hasn't been delivered yet. Silly me!

"The message was not delivered. That's why no one replied." I mutter embarrassed, blush coating my cheeks.

"Stupid." Tanner mutters, even though his attention is on his phone where he is busy typing furiously.

"Fuck off." I grumble, rolling my eyes at me.

"Real mature." He comments.

"Shut up both of you. Tanner, get back to what you were doing. Lydia, you text your friends." Em scolds us. Tanner and I both roll our eyes at her but listen to her anyway. I resend the message and this time wait for one tick. As soon as the message is sent, my phone pings.

It's from Bruce in our group chat.

Bruce - If you have the house to yourself, shouldn't you be calling Ridge and not us?

Ridge - Shut up Bruce!

Ashton - What do you have in store for us if we come to your house?

Erica - Shut up Ash, that's rude. Also, we are all coming!

Trish - Yesss! I'm in too. It's gonna be fun :)))

Me - We have snacks, booze, games and
two more teenagers in the house!
It's gonna be fun guys! I'll be waiting!

Ridge - Sure sweetheart ;)

Ashton - Booze? I'll be there in a minute!

Neil - Sure, see you soon.

Eric - Kiare and I are coming too.

"Sweetheart, huh?" Em's teasing voice snaps my attention towards her. She gives me the look that clearly says 'spill'. Reluctantly, I put my phone down and give her a nervous smile. I totally forget about the dare. Tanner raises an eyebrow at me, sitting up straight, probably to hear what I have to say.

"What are you hiding from us, babygirl?" He pokes my side, wiggling his eyebrows at me. I roll my eyes at his behaviour but don't comment. I shift a little forward and pick up the pack of Oreos kept between Tanner and Em.