15 - How do you tolerate him?

●●●

●●●

"Don't you have a date, Lydia?"

Oh shoot, I completely forget about it. I jump out of the bed hastily and run inside the bathroom, ignoring the amusing looks that Tanner and Em are throwing my way. I wash my face and then shave my arms and legs, carefully because I have a habit of injuring myself every time I do so. Thankfully, I do not cut myself even once, which is progress, and then head out of the bathroom to check the time.

12:11 p.m.

Well, I have forty nine minutes to get ready so I decide to head inside my closet to look for something I can wear today. Last night, Ridge texted me, asking about our date so we decided to go today at one. Since I was the one who asked him on the date, I forced him into agreeing that I would take him out and I have just the best idea for us! He doesn't know about it but thankfully he hasn't pestered me about is till now. He was actually really excited to see what I have planned.

"Lydia, what are you wearing for your date? Come out and show us!" Em yells from outside.

"Wait." I reply, my eyes scanning the dresses before settling on the outfit. I take it out and get out of my closet to see Em and Tan sprawled on my bed, waiting for me. "How about this?"

I carefully place the outfit on the table. It consists of black net full-sleeved top along with a grey black checkered dress. Their eyes scan the outfit and their expressions tell me that both of them like it.

 Their eyes scan the outfit and their expressions tell me that both of them like it

"It's nice." Tan comments, smiling. But then his face expressions scrunch up in disapproval, and he frowns. "Just make sure to cover those legs."

I roll my eyes but smile nonetheless. "Yes father. I'll be wearing thigh high boots with this, probably, okay?"

He chuckles and then gets back on his phone. Em squeals in delight, then picks up the outfit from the bed, running her hands on the fabric. "I love this dress! You'll look sexy in this for sure. And, I'll choose the footwear." She gets up from the bed, the outfit in one hand and her other hand grabbing my wrist and pulls me inside the closet. She places the outfit on the couch and then walks towards the shoe cabinet, looking around before her eyes finally settle on the black thigh high boots. "This will go with this, and-" she pauses, then tip toes to the bags cabinet and pulls out a black handbag, "-this completes the outfit!"