12 - Keep the change

- I wonder what you think of me when you see me.

●●●

"Whiskey, wait!"

But of course, he doesn't listen and runs away with his leash still attached as soon as I open the car door. He moves a little further and then stops, turning around. He looks at me, then at Ridge. Then, he starts walking back towards us when he realizes that we are not coming with him. Ridge, from beside me chuckles loudly.

"Is he always this enthusiastic and energetic?" he asks, petting Whis who comes and stands in front of us.

"Oh, you have no idea," I mutter, grabbing his leash in my hands, tugging at it. "Let's go, buddy."

Together we walk inside the small ice cream parlour called Scoops. On the outside, it looks like a regular ice cream parlour but on the inside, damn, it's the cutest place ever. The walls resemble the cones of an ice cream, lights are dangling through the ceiling attached in ice cream cones. There are small stools tucked under the island, right in front of it is a glass refrigerator covering the delicious ice cream flavors. As we go further inside we see tables shaped as cones with white chairs around them. Wow.

"Your smile tells me that you like this place." Ridge's voice brings me back to reality.

I give him a big grin, sighing in satisfaction. "I love this place already. It's heavenly."

He chuckles, kissing my cheek softly, taking me by surprise. "Come on, Whiskey is getting very impatient."

Ignoring that kiss, I follow him, with Whis moving fast. We take a seat on one of the tables, tying Whis' leash to my chair. "So what do you wanna have?"

"You tell me what you want. I'll get yours for you along with mine," he suggests, shrugging. "I'll pay."

"Hell no, I'm not letting you pay for mine. We'll split up the bill," I narrow my eyes at him, showing that I'm not joking. "And I'm not fighting you on this."

He holds his hands up in surrender. "Okay, Ms. Herrington. I'm sorry. You pay for your ice cream."

"Good. Now take this," I pause to take out the money from my pocket and hand him a few dollar bills,"here. And keep the change."

He gives me a look that says 'seriously'. I just chuckle and shoo him away. "Get me my ice cream, peasant."

"Without you telling me what you want?" He asks with raised eyebrows.

"Oops. Sorry. I'll have hot chocolate fudge ice cream," I reply, smiling at the thought of tasting heaven after a really long time.
"Interesting choice. I'll be right back," he comments and walks to the counter. A paw rests on my thigh, making me aware of Whis' presence.

"Sorry buddy, you can't have ice cream. But, I'll treat you when we get back okay," I ruffle his cute little head. He just barks at me, sitting down in a relaxing position.

"Here, your hot chocolate fudge ice cream." Ridge slides in his seat, putting my ice cream in front of me. I take my take looking at it, savoring it with my eyes. I take a spoonful and put it in my mouth, moaning as the coldness of the sauce tickles my taste buds. "Aaaah."

I hear chuckling from front of me, which disrupts my fun. Looking up I see Ridge laughing at me, shaking his head.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow, after swallowing the ice cream.