Bonus Chapter 2

●●●

●●●

LYDIA HERRINGTON

●●●

It says positive.

My eyes dart over to my reflection in the mirror, my hand instantly going to caress my stomach. There's no baby bump or sign of me being pregnant right now, but the fact that there's a small life growing inside of me, causes a frenzy of emotions to whirl in my mind. I'm ecstatic, on cloud nine knowing the fact that this is something Ridge and I created.

A single tear falls down my cheek, but I do not bother wiping it away. These are happy tears. I'm happy to know that I'm carrying our baby in me. We hadn't really planned it, since we both were at a good place in our life career wise, but I'm not disappointed at all. And I hope Ridge mirrors my happiness.

The sound of the room door opening, followed by footsteps thumping against the floor captures my attention.

"Sweetheart, I'm home," Ridge's usual warm voice reaches my ears. Smiling to myself, I pick the test in my head and walk out of the room. There he is, removing his shirt, looking tired as hell. Today's shift must've been a tough one. I can see it on his handsome, yet pale face.

"Hey," I whisper and take a few steps towards him.

"I'm so tired rig- have you been crying?" In long quick strides, he's right in front of me, his hands grabbing my face in a firm yet tender hold. The pad of his thumb wipes away my tears.

I retrieve the positive pregnancy test from my hand, and open my palm to put it right in front of him. His eyes widen slightly when he notices the two pink lines on it. He picks it from my hand, very delicately and stares at it.

"This has two lines?"

"Yes." I nod.

"Which means- which means that you're pregnant?"

"Yes," I whisper.

"We're going to be parents? Oh my god, fuck, I'm going to be a dad? And you're going to be a mom?"

"Yes Ridge. We're going to be parents and you're going to be a dad, and I'm going to be a mom," I giggle at his cute expressions. He looks awestruck.

He launches towards me and wraps me in his embrace, burying his face in my neck. I wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head agaisnt his shoulder. I feel wetness on my neck, making me snap my head up. Good god, he's crying. I manage to pull his face away from my neck and beckon him to look at me.

"Ridge, honey? Why are you crying?" I wipe his tears away, cupping his face.

He places a kiss on the innerside of my palm, smiling bright, "I'm so so happy to know that. I cannot believe we're going to be parents soon. Thank you so much for giving me such a beautiful early birthday present. I love you. I love you so much." He peppers kisses all over my face, making me giggle.