17 - I'll ride with you guys

●●●

●●●

"Surprise test?"

"Surprise test!"

I groan, banging my head against the table. Why does this happen to me all the time? It's Monday, for god's sake. "Ugh, my life sucks. Chemistry sucks. Mrs. Wilson sucks. Everyone sucks."

"Aren't you a ball of sunshine this morning?" Ridge snickers from beside me, ruffling my hair. "Come on, banging your head on the table won't do you any good except for a giving you a headache."

Slowly, I lift my head up and look at an amused Ridge. I push my hair back from my face and glare at him, "You are happy because you already know everything that's going to be asked in the test. Me? I don't even know why I took chemistry in the first place!" But then realization strikes. "Wait, how do you even know that we have a chemistry surprise test today?"

"I heard Mrs. Wilson talking to the receptionist about some printouts. She was telling her that she's planning a surprise quiz for her favorite students." Ridge scoffs, rolling his eyes. "Favorite students my ass."

I chuckle at his expression, patting his cheeks softly. "Why? Isn't she your favorite teacher?"

His expressions turn into one of disgust, nose scrunching up in annoyance, eyebrow furrowed. "I'd rather die than spend an hour in her class. She's a devil! "

"I get your point. Now why don't you teach me that chapter. I don't wanna fail this test." I plead, pursing my lips. "We have an hour so we can cover the major parts of the chapter to at least pass the test." We had a free period this morning because our History teacher is absent. So Ridge and I decided to come to the library and get our work done.

He nods, then picks up his bag from the floor. Digging through it, he takes out a pen and the chemistry textbook. "So, we'll just do some important questions right now. And when school's over, I'll explain you the chapter in detail. That okay with you?"

"Fine by me." I reply, taking out a notebook to make notes. And we spend the next hour preparing for the not so surprise test.

●●●

"Lydia Herrington! There you are!"

I turn around when I hear a familiar voice yelling for me. Bruce stands at the end of the hallway, a big grin on his face, his hands in his pocket. I smile back at him, waving.

He makes his way towards me, pushing past the crowd of people who are scattered in the hallways, getting ready for their next class. As soon as he's right in front of me, he engulfs me in a hug, lifting me off the ground. "I missed you and your stupid face."

"Why are we hugging?" Before I can reply, Ashton pipes in. "You know what? I'm joining too." And another pair of arms come around me, squishing me between Bruce and Ash.