Day 18- Hide & Seek.

"Six, seven, eight, nine, ten! Ready or not here I come!"

When I opened my eyes the lights that had illuminated my house were all turned off. "Hello? Why'd you guys turn off the lights it's already dark outside!" A little afraid, I adjusted my glasses on my face.

I begin to look for them downstairs first. They always like to hide downstairs. But oddly, they weren't in any of the usual hiding spots. The same with upstairs.

Are they not in the house?  I'm not aloud to let any of my friends outside the house when mommy and daddy are away. And my babysitter normally sits out in the car and make out with her boyfriend... and her boyfriend's dad. But, that's none of my business.

"Guys! You better not be outside!"

I peeked out the window to my yard, no one in sight.

The stairs creaked in the night when the house was quite. I hated when the house was quiet. Hearing sudden whispering, I realized there was one room I didn't check.

My parents room.

But there shouldn't be anyone in my parents room. It's supposed to be locked. I opened it slowly, and saw my friends gathered among themselves.

"Well maybe we just don't hide this time. We've been doing this for a really long time. Eventually she's going to get all sick of the game. Maybe then, she'll release us."

"She's pure evil... but then so are we. She'll never let us move on."

"We're not as evil as her."

"Oh really?!"

They shrieked at the sound of my voice. Up until then I had made no sound.

"You're not evil? Do you not remember what happened in this house 50 years ago? What the four of you did to me."

"It was an accident! We swear and we've been swearing. We didn't mean to hurt you."

"You mean you didn't mean to knock me out of a two story window to my death? You didn't mean to come over my house to ridicule and make fun of me when all I wanted to do was be your friend!"

"You've punished us enough!"

I shake my head, "No. It's enough when I say it's enough. Now, I'm going to go back and count to ten again. You're going to scare and chase like you've down a million times before and I'm going to be knocked out of a window. We're are going to repeat my death over and over again, because this is your Hell."

I backed out of the room as I counted. "One, two, three, four...