Day 24- Convenient.

"I hate being out this late during Halloween week

"I hate being out this late during Halloween week."

My brother laughed at me, "Why? Scared of all the freaks? Look in a mirror."

I playfully hit him in the chest as we enter a convenience store. "Let's just get our snacks and go."

The store clerk look up from his phone and smiled at us. Well, smiled at me. I know him from school. He's kind of a loner. I guess I am too.

I grabbed a root beer and was bending over for a bag of the chips when the door sounded off. Peaking through the shelves I could see a man wearing a ski mask. He had a gun in his hand.

"Empty the register."

Adam at the register froze, his phone clattering to the floor.

"Now!"

"I can't, it doesn't manually open! My manger's normally here with me, but he went home sick a few hours ago."

The guy cocked the gun, "Make it open in the next 39 seconds."

My brother looking at the situation as I, locked eyes with me. We had similar Halloween masks hanging around our necks. We slid them over our heads and quietly walked forward.

""10 seconds boy."

A knife pierced the man's chest. The gun went limp on his hands before dropping it. I slid him around and sliced his neck. His body hit the floor like drowning pool.

Adam looked at us then at the knives in our hands.

"Call 911 and delete the security tape." I said through my mask. I put a 20 dollar bill on the counter and bagged our things. "See you in school tomorrow." I yelled over my shoulder as my brother and I walked out the convenience store.