Day 25- Coven.

I believe there's someone in my coven, someone I believed to be a true sister is plotting to kill me

I believe there's someone in my coven, someone I believed to be a true sister is plotting to kill me. I turn 18 tomorrow and at midnight I will ascend to something greater. My powers will be unmatched. I'm the first in my class to do so, but that's just because I'm the oldest. But is that my fault? Why must my sisters punish me for my birth date? The only one I can trust is my real sister Lucinda. She'd never let anything happen to me.

"You nervous?" Lucy brushes my hair as we get ready for my party tonight.

"Nervous about what? My ascension party or someone trying to kill me before my ascension party?"

"No one is trying to kill you. Will you get off that already."

"Oh please! You and I both know someone is after me. There have been three incidents this week alone Lucy."

"That's exactly what they were... incidents. Don't think to much of it or you're not going to be able to enjoy your party."

"No chance. My party is the biggest risk of them all. The last chance they can get to kill me once I ascend and better believe if I live and find out who it is... their dead."

Every drink that touch my lips, I fixed it myself. Every food I ate, I coyly made someone else eat it first.

I was on edge.

I didn't know who I could trust.

"Relax Patricia. Here drink this. I made it myself I promise."

I brought it to my lips and paused. "Ugh, I've already three. Here you can have it." I handed it back to her and it stalled in her hands.

"Not thirsty?"

She shrugs. "Guess not."

I scoff, "You're kidding..."

She cocked her head at me.

"You. It's been you this whole time hasn't it?"

Lucy looked around nervously, "Patty you're being paranoid."

"Prove me wrong. Drink it."

"I'm not thirsty. Then take a sip!"

She didn't move a muscle. She just stared at me.

"Admit to my face right now. You've always been a coward. Time to put on your big girl pants."

"Fine. I poisoned the drink. Satisfied?"

"But why?!? Why would you do that to me? I'm your sister!"

"You're a spoiled brat, that's what you are! You've always been the favorite with everyone. Our family, our friends, our coven. You were always better than me. Even had to be born a year before me. Got to ascend first. I just wanted something that was mine!"

"You did. A sister. I'm your only sister. And you just lost that. But you don't really care, do you?"

Her eyes start to tear up.

I closed in on her getting close enough to whisper, "You've just burned every bridge with me. When I ascend, I'll make your life a living hell. You've just became my public enemy number one."

The glass with the poison shattered in her hands and she screamed as it burned her.