Chapter Three

Steve woke with a jolt mid-sleep after he thought of something he haven't realized he overlooked. He glanced over at the alarm clock and saw the bright red numbers.

4:08 am

He hesitated getting up and bothering someone, knowing that everyone was most likely asleep still. It could be early enough for Nat or Bucky to be training, but they weren't necessarily the people who could help him with this. Maybe Nat, but he knew she would hound him with questions about what he was doing if he did ask.

He threw his body back into the bed with an exaggerated huff of annoyance. Running his hands through his hair roughly, he let out another sigh.

After a few seconds of getting lost in his thoughts, he rolled his eyes at himself.

"Just go to bed Steve. Sleep it off," he mumbled as he turned on his side.

Seconds that felt like hours went by before he quickly threw the sheets off to the side.

"I can't. I can't sleep thinking about it," he groaned, throwing his hands in the air and walking to grab a shirt before heading to a computer.

He trudged through the hallways as quietly as he could. The next thing he knew, he found himself in front of a laptop in the kitchen. It wasn't really hard to find some type of computer in the Avengers home, since almost every turn you took, Tony had one installed.

He stared at the screen for a second still trying to decide if it was too late to call this obsession off. But of course, his curious nature won and he opened google looking up the company's name that he caught on the files you dropped.

"Williamson Lab," he read. "Ok, she definitely wasn't a guy named Jonah, or someone named Hunter Williamson," he mumbled with a hand over his mouth as he continued to scroll and quickly became engrossed on the website, determined to figure out who the woman who was a little too familiar to forget. "Ok now mystery gal. Who are you?"

_______________

He woke up to a loud clang in the kitchen and jutted up instantly looking around trying to remember where he was. The sun was barely coming in as it was just starting to rise, but that didn't make the brightness any less harsh. He blinked a couple a times and rubbed his eyes as he thought back to the night before leading to where he was now.

As he looked around, he noticed the sheets of notes that he had taken that were now scattered around him. One stuck to his arm from falling asleep on it.

"Morning sunshine," a deep voice said, snapping him out of his thought process and reminding him that he wasn't alone. "Busy night?"

He looked over at Bucky who was turning around from grabbing a cup a of coffee and had a devilish grin on his face.

"Morning," he yawned gathering the papers hoping his friend didn't catch them.

"Don't try and hide it. I saw what you were looking up," Bucky winked, taking a sip of the coffee. "Surprised you even knew how to work that thing, you prehistoric dinosaur," he chuckled.

"We're the same age. Technically, you're older," Steve deadpanned, standing and going to grab a cup of coffee himself. "What time is it anyway?"

"7 am. I'm surprised you weren't on one of your 10 mile runs, but I guess a girl getting in your head does that to you."

Steve turned and shot a glare at his friend who still had a smug grin on his face as he drank from his mug, looking out of the giant glass windows.

"Shut up," Steve mumbled.

"So, find anything interesting?" Buck asked, turning to him.

Steve rolled his eyes once again, but trudged back over to the computer before taking a drink and going over his notes. He knew Bucky wouldn't let up on the subject, and honestly, was the only person he felt comfortable talking to about it. He knew if anyone else figured out about his obsession with this girl, it would stir rumors that would lead to the whole crew teasing him.