Chapter Twenty

"Well, good morning sunshine," you greeted Bucky as he came into the kitchen.

It was just you and Wanda in the kitchen so far. Everyone else was still sleeping or realizing they had a hangover, and found themselves not wanting to get out of bed quite yet.

"Ugh," Bucky grunted waving you off as he made a b-line for the coffee pot.

"Someone's not having as nice of a morning as us Rosie," Wanda giggled taking a sip of her coffee.

"That's what you get for drinking the amount you did," you laughed with her.

"You drank just as much," he mumbled.

"You had the rougher stuff, " you lied since Wanda was there. "And hangovers don't really affect me," you said walking over and refilling your mug. You leaned in whispering to him once you were closer. "Plus, I heal faster remember. Kinda making hangovers non-existent."

"Lucky ass," Bucky groaned sending you a playful glare before taking your spot at the table. "Where's Steve? I figured he'd be up at the same time as you."

"Not sure. His door was shut so I thought he was still sleeping," you answered taking a sip of the sweet sweet caffeine juice.

"Steve doesn't sleep in," Bucky said raising an eyebrow.

"He went for a run, I think. I saw him out and about before coming in here," Wanda spoke up.

"A run sounds nice actually," you said standing up from where you were leaning on the counter. "Wanda, do you have a tank top I can borrow?"

"Yeah. There should actually be a couple of extras in the guest bedroom you were staying in. They may fit better."

"Perfect. I'm going to finish my coffee and then I'll go."

"Go where?" Steve said coming in taking out his headphones. He sent you a sly smile that made one instantly appear on your face. He was wearing a new pair of sweats and a zip up sweatshirt that was opened showing off the extremely tight, dry-fit shirt underneath.

"For a run. Heard you went out for one, and it sounded like a good idea," you smiled putting the mug down, now forgotten.

"I can come with you if you want," he said getting closer and standing on the other side of the island you were against.

"No, no. I'll be fine. I don't want to make you run any more than you already have," you waved him off coming around the counter.

"It's fine doll. I think I can handle it," he smirked placing his hands on his hips.

"Really? You up for another 10 miles?" you said mocking his posture and standing in front of him.

"10 miles!" Wanda and Bucky both spoke up.

You turned to look at them over your shoulder.

"What? I like to run. I've built up an endurance," you shrugged sending a smug grin before turning back to Steve who was just grinning knowingly back at you. "I'll be fine," you laughed.

"I have no doubt in that. Just figured you would want the company," he shrugged grabbing an apple.

"Eh, I usually start the day off with a quiet run. Helps get me started for the day. Besides, I'd like to see the grounds for myself," you said crossing your arms.

"Whatever you say. I could be your personal guide if you want though," he said smiling.

"You'll be too much of a distraction," you winked before heading for the doorway. "I'll be back in 40 minutes," you waved.