Epilogue

It had been a full year since the transformation back to normal. You got to experience things like cuts and bruises. Getting a cold or a fever. Allergies. A gray hair here and there from stress. Things others would gladly ask to be taken away, whereas you were glad to experience again. Things that made you feel human.

You quit your job at Williamson Lab's after giving them notice. It wasn't the organization in the least bit, but the fact that your life was changing and that was apart of it. You found someone you trusted to take your job so that they weren't left searching for someone new. Then you told Claire that you would like her to join you at your new job at SHIELD Labs. She freaked out about working with the Avengers, or rather for the Avengers, but it was all the same to her.

You also told her your little secret because you believed she deserved to know it. Also, considering you were changing your name back to your original, it would have been awkward for her to not understand that...

The reason behind quitting was because Stark offered you a job at the compound. One, it paid a whole lot better, even if you weren't in it for the money. Two, you got to be with Steve a lot more too.

You two had been going steady since the week of the transformation. Of course, you could say before that, but you two didn't put a label on it until Steve took his risk.

__

2 days after the transformation.

"I have to go Steve. I have work today," you giggled as you tried pushing off his bare chest from the long night before.

"No. Take another day off," he muffled into your hair, barely even having to put in effort to keep you where you were.

"I already took an extra day. They aren't going to let me take another-," you giggled as his scruff tickled your neck.

"Stop giggling and I'll let you go."

You tried to turn out of the bed and were close to freedom, but he started tickling you and the laughs just got louder.

"Steve!" you laugh shouted as he wrapped his arms around you, effectively trapping you in your spot.

"No escape. Not possible," he whispered in your ear in a teasing tone.

"Fine!" you turned to where you were facing him again. "You win. 10 more minutes."

"10 more hours," he argued. "Or you know what? 10 more days sounds good too."

"You're going to be the death of me."

"You already are."

You brushed the longer pieces of his hair out of the way as he closed his eyes taking in your touch.

"Hey," you whispered.

"Hmmm..." he hummed falling into your soft touches even more.

"You know that risk you were talking about?"

His eyes opened and you studied the bit of green flakes that were in them.

"Yeah."

"You ever going to take it?" His lip turned into a smile before he lazily kissed you. "Are you trying to get out of telling me what it is by distracting me with kisses?"

"Maybe," he mumbled, kissing you again and flipping so that he was on top of you. "That or I'm just trying to keep you in bed longer than 10 minutes."

"You're the worst Steven Rogers!" you giggled, trying to shove him off as he peppered kisses along your neck and cheeks.

Eventually, you were able to push him off just enough to crawl out of bed and make an escape to the bathroom. All that you heard from behind you was an unhappy grunt as he fell back in bed by himself.