Chapter Seventeen

"Miss. Ember!" Tony shouted as he spotted you across the room. Thus, making everyone he was talking to, and also within a 30 foot radius of you two, turn their heads to see who he was talking to.

"Mr. Stark," you breathed out through a tight smile, not happy with the attention.

You heard Bucky chuckle on your arm knowing exactly how uncomfortable you were.

"Oh, Mr. Lieber! You have to meet Rosalyn here!" Tony said patting an older mans back. "This right here Stan, is the nation's youngest woman scientist in her field of microbiology and epidemiology. That's not even counting the multiple other fields that she is ranked extremely high in as well."

"Is that so? Well, it's nice to meet you Miss.-" the man with lightly tinted sunglasses, and a nice suit with no tie started, but you realized he hadn't heard your name.

"Ember. Rosalyn Ember," you said pulling your arm out extending your hand that was wrapped in Bucky's. "It's nice to meet you Mr. Lieber. Stan Lieber correct?" you asked smiling at the man who just had a warm presence around him.

"That would be correct my dear. My friend call me Stan Lee though," he smiled widely. "Now, Mr. Stark correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most scientist not usually models as well?" he said scanning your outfit and self.

You chuckled at the compliment from the man that could easily have been your age, but not in this body.

"You would think," Tony laughed patting his back. "Stan here is quite the charmer, isn't he? Stan why don't you tell the young lady here what you do?" he said looking down at him.

You crossed your hands in front of you and looked down at him. He was about a foot shorter even standing tall.

"I am an illustrator and publisher for children's books and such. Nothing special like you dear," he said in a humble manner.

"I highly doubt that you're any less special than me," you said waving him off. "What books have you published? I'm sure I've seen some."

"You read children's books in your free time?" Bucky asked.

"I volunteer down at the library twice a month to read to the kids, and at the orphanage three times a month," you smiled at him as if it were nothing before turning back to Stan. He shot you a surprised look, but a grin formed realizing you were even more surprising than he thought before. A good surprising though. A type that he wished more people in the world were like.

It was true though. You had gone to the orphanage when you could because even if you didn't actually grow up in one, like your history said, you were an orphan and you did miss your parents dearly. It was always eye opening to see all the children running around and living life as best they could when so much was taken from them. The least you could do was read a few books and spend time with them where you could.

Stan went on to share a few of his well known books, and you remembered seeing a lot of them in the top sellers and top reads sections when looking for new ones.

"Well, I have to say Mr. Lee, I think you are changing the world out there just as much as me. If not more," you winked making him blush and smile at you.

"I like this one Tony. You should bring her around more often," he nudged Tony getting a smirk out of him.

"That's the plan," Tony said turning to you. "Hey, Stan. I think I see your wife over there waiting for you at the bar. Looks likes she's up to no good."

Stan looked around finally spotting the women Tony was talking about. "Sounds about right. I should probably go," he laughed. He turned back to you grabbing your hand. "It was a pleasure meeting you my dear. Hopefully I'll see you around sometime. Maybe at a book signing?" he winked kissing your hand.