Chapter Nineteen

Wanda had a pair of leggings that she let you borrow, and Nat had an old grey Shield sweatshirt that was about two sizes too big for you, but you didn't care. Lastly, you pulled out your hair from the ponytail you had been wearing all night. You could only wear your hair up for so long before you got a hair ache. Luckily, it was still styled nicely so when you pulled it out, the you originally put it in, fell over your shoulders more messy than before.

As the three of you made your way into the den, where everyone planned on meeting up after changing, you saw that the only people already there were Bucky and Sam.

"Howdy boys!" Nat spoke up making the two men look over from the couch they were on. "Where's the rest of the gang?"

"Tony and Pepper are still talking to people who won't shut up. God help them," Sam answered. "Thor and Banner went to the lab for a second. Clint and Laura went to their hotel. Said they were turning in for the night, and were going to take advantage of sleeping in with no kids. And Steve is-"

"Right here."

You turned around seeing the handsome man himself in sweats and a tight white t-shirt. Damn he looked good in anything he wore. Where was the fairness in that?

"Hey, nice outfit. I don't think I've ever seen you in anything other than business attire, or ball gowns," Steve said sending you a wink as he came over and stood next to you.

"That's not true. You did see me that one time after I went grocery shopping," you pointed out.

"Still not as casual as this," he motioned to you.

"True," you nodded making your way to the rest of the group.

"Those leggings really do look great," he mumbled from behind you. You turned hearing something, but not knowing exactly what.

"What was that?"

"Nothing! Just, uh, nice look," he blushed.

"Surrreee..." you dragged out sending him a devilish grin before sitting next to Bucky.

"Cool sweatshirt you got there. Didn't realize we had another badass joining the team," Bucky joked.

"Oh, for sure. All I have to do is beat you out in a drinking competition and I'm in," you sassed leaning back in the cushions.

"You do realize he has that whole super serum running through him right?" Sam chuckled.

"I'll play fair then," you winked toward him. Everyone raising an eye at your cockiness since they still didn't know your secret.

"I knew I liked this girl from the moment I met her." Nat spoke up.

__

Eventually everyone who was going to be there, was there. Thor gave Bucky and Steve a good amount of this special alcohol that they were going on about. Steve said it was for him, and went on to make you a drink without people seeing that he was technically spiking it with this thousand year old liquor. Everyone thought you were just drinking the easy stuff, but they weren't complaining about seeing someone trying to show up Barnes.

"Ok James. Let's do this," you smiled raising your shot glass.

"Let's," he grinned raising his before you both shot it back.

He cringed at the taste and shook his head out after. He looked over to you who hadn't even flinched at the concoction. You sent him a side grin and a wink to show that he was clearly going down.

Steve leaned over knowing exactly how everything was going to unfold.

"Dude, you're so in over your head," Steve laughed.