Chapter Four

The meeting with Dr. Banner went really well. It wasn't that he had the formula wrong, it was just that he was missing one small aspect of the problem he was trying to fix. He never really told you what it was for. He said that it was government based and that he was not at liberty to share too many details.

You understood considering who he worked for. The only thing that worried you was if he would say anything to his co-workers when he returned back to their hideout.

If he brought up your name, or mentioned you, would Steve connect the dots? Was he even thinking about you? Maybe he already moved you to the 'not important' place in the back of his mind.

You left that night more in your own head than you thought you ever could be. You never had problems like this and never expected to run into him again after all these years. You just needed to move on and forget. That's what was best. For you and for Steve.

__

All the gang including Tony, Nat, Sam, Bucky, Wanda, and Steve were in the kitchen hanging out and talking since it was a slow day. They surprisingly didn't have any new missions come up today, so they were taking the night to relax since it was a rare occurrence.

Steve was kinda out of it. He was half listening and half daydreaming. There was a lot still swimming in his head about the past 36 hours, and he couldn't seem to block it out even around his friends. Bucky caught him staring into space and nudged him breaking him from his thoughts.

"Dude, keep up the day dreaming and you'll start drooling next," he chuckled softly, making sure no one else heard.

Steve blinked repeatedly snapping out of his thoughts.

"What? Oh, sorry," he said softly.

"Don't apologize. Just realize that if you don't want to get made, especially by the spies we work with, you kinda have to look like you're somewhat listening," he laughed, turning back to the group.

"Right."

"Banner!" Tony shouted, making everyone look over at the doorway as the doctor was walking in with a bag over his shoulder. "How did it go?"

"It went really well. She actually found the problem almost instantly," he said, putting the bag on the counter and moving to get a water bottle before turning back to the group.

"Was she as crazy brilliant as everyone says?" Nat spoke up.

"Extremely. I mean she's so young, but she has all these masters in all these fields. She started listing them to me and I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around how she can hold all that information. I was truly impressed," Banner answered before taking a sip from the bottle.

"Says the man who has seven PhDs," Nat smirked.

"Wait, who are we talking about?" Wanda asked the question everyone else out of the loop was thinking.

"Oh, sorry. I went to meet up with another scientist to help with a new serum I'm trying out in the lab. Her name's Rosalyn Ember. She's 26, and works at Williamson's Labs in-"

"Wait, Rosalyn Ember?" Steve said, straightening up with Bucky.

"Yeah, I said it right, right?" he said looking to Stark.

Tony nodded and a sly grin formed on his face.

"Was she as gorgeous as they say? I heard she's a stunner," he winked.

Nat shoved him playfully, but still hard.

"Get over yourself Stark. She's half your age, and you got Pepper."