Chapter Twenty-Two

"Uh, sir," Edgar spoke up a little over 5 minutes into the transfusion. You were still knocked out cold basically, only awake enough to hear a few words here and there.

"What?" Garrison said harshly as he was laid back in the chair relaxed with his eyes closed.

"Security called. It looks like we've been breached," Edgar said timidly.

Garrison opened one eye peeking over to his assistant. Frustration and annoyance clear in his face.

"You've got to be kidding me. I have to do everything around here," he huffed closing his eyes for a second before sitting up in his seat.

"I'm sorry, sir-"

"How much longer on the transfusion?"

"About 8 minutes," Edgar said quickly calculating it all.

"How long until we are swarmed?"

"I'm not sure. Security is doing the best they can, but it could be any minute considering-"

"Best they can? Best they can MY ASS. They might as well be sacks of potatoes guarding my door with the Avengers storming in," Garrison huffed clicking things on the computer to see if he can quicken the process of the blood transfusion.

He quickly changed the screen to the security footage seeing man after man being taken out from the sky, and others through the hallways. Captain America being one of the individuals doing the most harm. They were closing in and there wasn't time to move.

"Fuck. Of course every precaution we took was a bust. Why wouldn't it be?" he groaned to himself.

He turned over to you seeing you slumped on the table that was still at a diagonal and let out a long sigh. He turned back to Edgar with an eye that showed he had an idea and was switching to full boss mode.

"I have an plan."

___

"Tony, what's the update?" Steve yelled into his earpiece just as another person came around a corner, guns blazing, and quickly started throwing punches after.

"Still not clear out here. Every time we think we have it clear, they pop up like ants," Tony answered.

"It seems that they have reinforcements with other tactics, Captain. Different forms of guns that I haven't seen before are being used," Vision cut in.

"I agree with Wonder boy," Tony spoke up. "These are not any kinds of guns I've seen before, and I used to make them for a living."

"What kind are we talking?" Steve grunted throwing another man away from him.

"Some weird form of energy is coming out. Almost like lasers. I feel like I'm in a Star Wars movie," Tony laughed.

"I don't-" Steve started.

"Don't worry about it now. I'll have Friday run a report. I got skimmed by one, and she can analyze the damage it did," Tony briefed.

"Thanks Stark," Steve said.

"Rogers! On your left!" Nat called in his ear from the security room.

Quickly Steve pivoted in his spot catching Wanda take out a guy that was coming up behind him, and quickly making him fall hard and knock out instantly. The fight was still going. There was more men than they figured, and they weren't letting up easy.

"Barton? Romanoff? Any update on the room Y/N's in?" Steve said catching his breath.

"Still working on it. Looks like there are more cameras than shown. I need to hack into a few more frames before we find- Got it!" Clint shouted. "Room 241. Down the north hall. Take two rights, a left, and then it's the fourth door on your right."