Chapter Nine

As you all herded into the den, Tony approached you as everyone got situated. Steve was close behind, and soon, was by your side once again as Tony asked you what you wanted to drink.

"Anything is fine. I'm not picky," You said politely as you crossed your hands in front of you. Something Steve noticed you did when you were in more of a business state. He could tell you still weren't at the stage of seeing them other than acquaintances. He realized they needed to step up their game if they wanted to get to the bottom of your secret.

"You sure? Cause if you say 'anything', I'm going to make you a drink, and not a lot of people can hold my drinks," Tony smirked.

"You underestimate me Stark," you said with that damn confidence that made Steve's heart skip a little faster. "Surprise me," you winked walking over to an empty spot by Wanda, who was kindly patting the spot next to her with a grin.

"She's got-" Tony started.

"Moxie. That's for sure," Steve finished never taking his eyes off of your perfect figure as you sat down elegantly next to Wanda still with enough space next to you for him.

"Hey, you making any progress in the plan?" Tony said bringing him back.

"If you mean, am I trying to get in her pants? No, I'm not making any progress." Tony rolled his eyes as he went over to the bar and started making you a special concoction. "I am genuinely trying to get to know her. She seems like a nice gal besides the secret. I'm sure she has reasoning behind it, but right now-"

"We don't know if she has an evil scheme going on in the background Cap. I hate to break it to you, but pretty girls can be evil masterminds as well."

"You've been in the business too long."

"Apparently, so has she. You should know, you're the same age," he huffed.

"We still don't know if what we found is really anything to support our theory." Steve defended. He was really hoping they were just blowing things way out of proportion, and you were just a normal girl.

"Exactly. So get America's ass out there and do some flirting so we can get to the bottom of this," Tony said, waving his hand over to the empty spot next to you. Steve turned around to see you a little more relaxed in the comfortable setting and laughing at something Clint said with the group. "I'm going to make a special little drink that may help loosen her up a little," he added quietly.

Steve's head turned quickly at the comment.

"Are you trying to get her drunk?" he whisper shouted.

"No, I'm just giving her a drink that may or may not be kinda strong. Alcohol is a truth serum in itself," he said with a devilish grin looking down as he poured a mixture together.

"Tony, if you-"

"She doesn't have to drink it if she doesn't want to. She can do with it what she wants," he shrugged seeing how the idea was effecting Steve. Rogers shot him a glare not happy with what his plan was. "Go sit down by the pretty girl, pretty boy. I'm not drugging her," he huffed.

Hesitantly, Steve watched Tony make the drink before he slowly walked back over to you. As he got closer, he heard Clint still telling a story. He sat down next to you still giving you room, but enough closeness to seem friendly. You turned giving him a smile before looking back at Clint who was looking around the group as he finished the story.

"I kid you not, the second try and she gets just inches from the bullseye," he said with a proud wide smile. Mostly likely talking about his daughter who he just got back from visiting. "I couldn't be more proud of the little up and coming Hawkeye," he smiled grabbing his drink and leaning back into the large sectional they were all on.