A Warm Welcome | Doki Doki Literature Club Special - Very Late

Club Members!"Crew" × MC!Reader

supposed to be published at September 22, 2019... hope you enjoy!

P.S. almost all of the lines are copied from the game

★ Crew Members involved ★
Vanoss, Delirious, Wildcat and Moo

= ♥ = °•°•°•

"Heyy!"
I see an adorable male running towards me from the distance, waving his arms a bit. That male is Brock, my neighbor and good friend since we were children. We used to walk to school together on days like these but starting around highschool he would oversleep more and more frequently, and I would get tired of waiting.

I sigh and idle in front of the crosswalk and let Brock catch up to me. He panted, "I overslept again, but I caught you this time!" "Maybe, but only because I decided to stop and wait for you." His face turns into a light shade of red before we decided to cross the street then made our way to school.
As we draw near, the streets become increasingly speckled with other students making their daily commute.

"By the way, (Y/n).. have you decided on a club to join yet?"
He asked, with a small smile. "I told you already, I'm not really interested on joining a club." I replied, Brock looks confused. "Wha- you told me you were gonna join one this year!" Now its my turn to look confused. I'm sure its possible that I did, in one of our many conversations where I dismissively go along with whatever he's talking about.
Brock likes to worry about me a tad bit too much, when I'm perfectly fine just getting by on the average while spending my time on the internet.

"I-I was talking about how I'm worried that you won't learn how to socialize or have any skills before college.."
He said while looking down a bit before looking at me, "Your happiness is really important to me, you know..?" I was slightly taken back by this. "Don't make me keep worrying about you." "Alright, alright, I'll try not to. I'll look at a few clubs if that's what makes you happy."

He gave me a smile and I smiled back.

= ^ = ^ =

The school day was somewhat boring as ever but it was over before I knew it. After I pack up my stuff, I look out the window for an ounce of motivation. He wants me to check some clubs.. I think I'll start with the gaming club. "Hello?" "Huh- Brock?" He must have entered when I was spacing out. I looked around the classroom and see everyone had left already. "I thought I'd see you walk out of the classroom so I looked inside and saw you.. spacing out." "Haha.. you didn't need to wait for me if its gonna make you late to your own club." I told him,

"I just thought that.. y'know, you'd need some encouragement. So you can come check out my club..!" Brock is the Vice President of the Literature Club, it just took my by surprise considering I have never seen him work or talk about literature. In fact, I'm sure he just joined thinking it'll be fun to help start a new club. "Yeah- no, thank you, I'll check the gaming club." I said and was about to leave with my bag, "C'mon.. please?" He asked walking up to me.
"Why do you care so much, if you don't mind me asking?"

"I accidentally told them I'd bring in a new member yesterday and I.. didn't want to make them sad so.. Tyler cooked some puncakes and everything.." He finished with a nervous laugh, I sighed, "Fine, I'll only stop by for this puncake." "Yayy! Let's go!" :D

I follow Brock across the school and upstairs. A part of the school I rarely visit, being generally used for third-year classes and activities. Brock happily opened the doors. "H-hey guys, the new member is here!" "Hey, d-don't call me that-" I whisper shout at him but I cut myself off when I glanced at the room.

A male with black hair and baby blue eyes walked up to me,
"W-welcome to the Literature Club." What he said was kind of muffled because of a mouth mask he was wearing, but who am I judge? "Seriously, you bought a girl?" A male with dark brown hair and sapphire blue eyes said, sounding a bit annoyed. "Oh (Y/n)- well this is a surprise.. Welcome to the club!" A boy with raven black hair and chocolate eyes, which I recognized, welcomed me.

: This club is filled with cute/hot guys... I think I'm gonna get a nosebleed-

"What are you looking at? If you wanna say something, spill it." The one with sapphire eyes said, lightly glaring at me. "S-sorry..?" I stuttered in a questioning tone. "Tyler.." The baby blue eyes said as he puts a hand on the one with such attitude, whose name is apparently Tyler. He's also the one who cooked the puncakes if I heard correctly from Brock. "..if Tyler gets moody, you can just- if you want, don't mind him.." Brock whispers to me before turning back to the other guys.

"..this is Tyler, always full of energy.. and jokes from time to time." "This is Del, he may not seem like it.. but he's pretty smart..!"  Brock points to the baby blue eyed one. "Oh, okay.. well its nice to meet you two." I said with a small smile, Del just nodded while Tyler crossed his arms over his chest.

: Man period much..?

"Well it seems like you've already met Evan, right?" I was about to answer but the chocolate eyed guy did before I can. "That's right, it's lovely to see you again, (Y/n)." Then he tipped an imaginary fedora making me giggle. We do know each other, but we didn't talk much last year. Evan was probably the most popular boy in class. Smart, kind, funny, c- wayy out of my league.
"Lovely to see you too, Evan." I said with a smile.

"Come sit down (Y/n), we made room for you at the table. So you can sit next to me or Evan! I'll get the p-punca-" "No need Brock, I made them so I'll go get them." "..I'll just get juice, its better than nothing." I heard Del say to himself or to the others. I heard the door open before it closed. The rest of us arranged a few desks to form a table. Tyler walked to a chair with a dark blue sling bag, he zipped it open and got out a bento tupperwear. He then called Evan to go get something from the closet at the corner, he nodded and went to the closet.
Evan came back with a plastic filled with some plastics cutlery. Del then came back with five (fruit juice flavor) juice in bottles.

Brock sat down on a chair and I sat down next to him, feeling awkward. Tyler marches back with the tupperware in his hands, making sure it doesn't fall. "Are you ready kids?" He asked, mimicking the pirate in the SpongeBob intro. "Aye aye, captain!" We all said (but Tyler, of course), "I can't hear you!" "aYE AYE, CAPTAIN!" "OHHHHhhh!" Tyler said as he puts the container down and opens it. After how many hours, it still smells fresh. "Wow and it still smells like you've just cooked them." Evan commented, while giving all of us some paper plates and some plastic knives, forks and spoons.

"Haha, well, yeah- just hurry and take one... bon appetit!" I was about to get one but Evan putted one on my plate, I looked at him and smiled as a thank you, he just nodded with a smile. Once everyone had taken a puncake, we all took a bite. "This is really good!" Brock and Del said surprisingly in sync, I nodded. Del then gave each of us a bottle of juice.

"How much did you pay for all this?"
I asked, trying to start conversation with Del. "Um, they were two dollars each.." "So ten dollars?" He nodded and took the cap off of the bottle before drinking. "Del's secretly rich so he's trying to impress you." Evan joked causing Del to almost spit his juice out, "H-hey!" He said in a jokingly offended tone. Evan smirks but it quickly turned to a smile before looking at me, "Sooo, what made you join this club of ours?"

This question had made me a tad bit anxious, something's telling me I should tell him the truth. "Well, I haven't joined one yet and Broccoli seemed really happy here, so.." I trailed off, Brock's face turned pink from the nickname. "Heyy, no one get embarrassed!" Evan said, mentioning to us two. "Anyway, you two better make it feel like home for our new club member, a'ight? As club president, its my duty to make the club enjoyable for everyone!"
"What made you start your own club? You could possibly be a member of any major club- no offense!"

"Well, I just can't stand all the politics and all that. Plus my parents didn't want me joining a not so educational club, e.g. gaming club, which is a club I wished to join- but its completely understandable! So I just started a new club, I'm not really that much into Literature but I could learn about it through my other members and might encourage others to like it."
Evan explained. "I hate to say it but.. Evan's actually a great leader." Tyler spoke, the two agreed. "I'm surprised there isn't that much members. Must be hard to start a new club, huh?" I asked him, he nodded then cleared his throat.

"When you put it like that, like that, like that, like that u-rite!"