Give It Back (PM- Brandon)

Y/N's POV:

I was laying in bed next to Brandon, listening to some unreleased tracks that he has been working on. The current song was a quiet RnB track with soothing vocals and some pretty deep lyrics. I nodded my head to the beat as I watched the lightening flash outside my window. Moments like this are the ones I love the most with him. Everything was quiet besides the sound of the rain and the soft music playing from my speakers.

"This one is my favourite one. It's called Give It Back." Brandon said quietly as he clicked on the next track. I nodded back at him as I listened to the words flow around the room. "Is this just you on the track?" I asked while turning my head to face him. He was already looking my way with a look of concentration and a hint of worry. "Ya...it's a personal one I wrote last week. No one's heard it before this moment. What do you think?"

"It's honestly amazing B. I love the way the guitar flows with the subtle static and rain sounds you added to it. The song gives off major soft vibes you know? Like you're just laying in bed with someone you love as the rain pours outside but you're oblivious to it as you are just caught in a moment of bliss together. I love it."

He was speechless for a moment just humming in acknowledgement before finally speaking up again. "I'm glad you like the song. I actually wrote it for you...I don't know when it started but I recently noticed that I don't look at you the same. I don't know how to say this but I think you've stolen my heart over the past few years. Like you've always had half my heart as my best friend but I think over the past few years I've started to see you as more than that. I called it Give It Back because I'm hoping you feel the same way and I can get your heart in return for stealing mine. I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship or anything but I can't stop how I feel."

I didn't know what to say to him. In all honesty I had never really thought of this being a possibility before. Growing up with Brandon, he was always just my best friend but maybe I do like him too. Maybe we could give it a shot and I could start to see him in that light and see where things go.

"Y/n? What's on your mind? Please don't tell me you hate me or something. We can just ignore I ever said anything if that's what you want. I can just get up and go. It's fine-"

"B calm down. It just took me a minute to process everything you just told me. I don't really know how I feel because I've never thought about it but I'm willing to try. I think regardless of what happens, we'll always be this close so things can only go up from here right?"

"I'm so down to give that a shot. Let's go on our first date tomorrow babe. You can join us on the promo tomorrow and then we can go do whatever you want. How does that sound?"

"Sounds great B. I really mean it when I say I love the song though. I hope you release it or at least send me a copy."

-----------------------------