Christmas Alone (PM- Austin)

Having recently moved out to LA meant the holidays were going to be lonely. Most of your friends were going home for the holidays or spending it with loved ones on a trip. For you though, you were stuck in the a city that lacked Christmas spirit. With no snow, cold weather or even family around. It made you sad that you couldn't afford to fly home for the holidays but let's be real, moving out to LA wasn't cheap. Most of your money was spent on this move and now you had nothing left to do but celebrate alone. Even your best friend Austin would be leaving you in order to spend his time off with his family.

You walked around your house admiring the decorations Austin and the rest of the boys had helped you put up around your apartment. They had surprised you one afternoon with bags full of Christmas decorations and a fake Christmas tree. They were determined to make you feel at least a little bit of the Christmas spirit this year because they knew you would be missing home and couldn't be with your family this year. You greatly appreciated what they had done for you but it didn't change the fact that you were still all alone this year. 

For dinner you had decided on microwaving one of those frozen meals because you didn't really have time to organize your kitchen and get it into a state of being able to cook in. It was a sad Christmas but what can you do? As you were watching your favourite show and trying not to think about everything, there was a knock on the door. You just ignored it at first because you didn't order anything and you didn't know anyone who was still in town. A minute late there was another knock at the door so you decided to get up and see who was at the door.

When you looked through the peephole you saw your best friend Austin standing there with a gift bag and a pizza box in hand. Without a second thought you opened the door and let him in.

"What are you doing here? I thought you went home yesterday." you said while pulling him towards your living room.

"You didn't really think I'd let you spend Christmas alone, did you?" he asked as he placed the pizza on your coffee table and handed the gift to you. 

You looked at him with a big smile and sat down beside him on the couch. You weren't sure what  he could have gotten you because every time he asked you what you wanted, you would just tell him that you didn't need anything and was just happy to have him in your life. As you took out the tissue paper and looked down into the bag you saw a sweater from their newest perch drop and several smaller items individually wrapped up underneath. 

"Before you open the other items in the bag, I need you to put on the hoodie. The gifts are mainly from me but the biggest one at the bottom is from me and the rest of the boys and they wanted me to get your reaction."

You laughed before doing as he said before opening the smaller items first. He bought a couple of your favourite candles, a polaroid camera with film, and a new bluetooth speaker because your last one got destroyed by the boys accidentally dropping it in a pool. Finally you made it to the last gift that was from all the boys. You slowly unwrapped it and saw a dvd case with a photo of you and the boys when you went to the beach in the summer. 

"What is this Austin?" you asked as you flipped the dvd case over to see if anything was on the back.

"Put the dvd in and you'll find out."

You got up and placed it in the DVD player before sitting back down. The screen was black as the sound of the boys singing your favourite Christmas song started to play. Slowly the screen transitioned into a montage of photos and videos you had taken with the boys. Some were solo shots while other were group shots and pictures with a few of them. The videos consisted of the little moments you shared with them. From late night food adventures to backstage chaos before their shows. You couldn't help but tear up as you watched the video because you know the boys took time out of their bus schedules just to put together this video for you. It meant the world to you knowing that even though they weren't there with you physically, they wanted to let you know that they would always be with you in other ways.

As the video came to an end, it switched to Brandon sitting in the studio talking about how much he loves you and how he hopes this video makes up for his physical absence. The video switched to each boy in a different place before finally showing a group shot of all of you sleeping in a gigantic pillow fort you made just before they left. 

"So? What did you think?" Austin asked as he continued to film your reaction for the boys.

"I'm speechless! Honestly you guys never fail to surprise me. I love all the gifts but the video alone is more than I could have ever asked for. I love you all so much. Thank you and I can't wait until you guys get back so we can make more memories like the ones in the video." you said while wiping away the tears that started to fall from your eyes.

Austin ended the video and pulled you into a hug.

"We love you Y/n. I hope you never forget that. You're never alone with us in your life. Even if we're across the world on tour."

-----------------------------