5 Past Loves: Who (CNCO- Richard)

Who I loved was a boy from college. Loving him was different, he was the one I noticed in the school library of my freshman year. We weren't particularly close but with a few superficial facts, I filled in the blanks like a fairytale author. Soon he easily became more of who I made up than who he was in reality. He had fiery red hair with the most beautiful curls and a smile so soft and bright.

He was a your typical third-year frat boy who played football and sang when he wasn't busy working in the library. He was like a walking cliche but in all the best ways. Every girl was drawn to him and the kindness of his heart. He was truly a walking piece of art with a body covered in tattoos and sculpted by God himself.

From the few times I spent outside of class with him, I could tell that he had a good heart and a great sense of humour. The only problem was every other girl could see that too. If you weren't drawn in from his looks, you definitely were once you got to know him and learned of his love for his family. He radiates joy everywhere he goes and maybe that's what really drew me in and started my infatuation with him.

With stolen glances from across the table to the shared jokes and passing smiles throughout campus, I slowly drew more of a picture of him in my head. To me he was the perfect guy. He was an attractive guy with a great personality to match and just when you think he can't get any better, he throws in a touch of bad boy into the mix. Maybe it was the fact that he always showed up in sweats and a hoodie but went all out during parties or the fact that he would occasionally have to bring his beautiful daughter Aaliyah with him to class but something about him made him seem almost too good. Too...out of my league.

A man that perfect couldn't possibly fall for an awkward little freshman like me right?

Unfortunately for me, I was right. When I finally gained the courage to ask him on a date one crisp fall afternoon as we studied in the library, I got shut down. And while he turned me down nicely, I swear there were times when it felt like the cliche frat boy felt something for the typical, awkward freshman.

And that, was who I loved...the perfect boy who was just a little out of my league.

-----------------------------

A/N: I know it's short but this is part of a 5 part series. I hope you guys liked it!