Drunk Dialling You- requested on Tumblr (CNCO- Joel)

You sat in your living room watching old re-runs with your best friend like you normally do on a Friday night. Most people would be out partying at your age but that was never your scene. You preferred to be sat on your couch, wrapped up in a warm blanket with plenty of snacks at your disposal. It was a tradition that the two of you had ever since you started high school and you managed to never miss a week.

You were so caught up in the show that you didn't realize your phone was ringing. It wasn't until your friend hit you on the arm that you drew your attention away from the tv. Grabbing the phone, you saw that it was your ex-boyfriend Joel. The two of you stayed friends after things ended and there was never any hate so you immediately picked up hoping nothing bad was happening to him.

"Hello? What's up Joel?"

"Hi baby" Joel slurred into the phone.

"Did you call the wrong person? I'm y/n remember? You know, your ex?" you replied with confusion.

"No, I don't want to be your ex. I want to be your baby again."

"Joel, we both agreed on the break up. Besides, you're drunk right now. You don't mean what you say. Let's just talk in the morning if you still feel the same ok?"

"But it is morning. Richard said I can't call because it's a quarter past two but I don't care. I miss you. Can I come over?"

"Joel, it's a quarter past two? You need to go home or stay home. You're way too drunk to be going anywhere else. I'll call you later on and we can have a proper conversation alright?"

"But I love you still. Every morning I wake up wishing you were in my arms and I go to bed every night dreaming of what our future together could look like."

"Hold on Joel. I need to tell my friend something." you said before muting yourself and turning to your friend.

"Hey, I need you to call Richard and tell him to get Joel to bed. He's drunk and saying he loves me and wants to get back together. Tell Richard to get him to bed and let him know I'll call Joel later today."

Your friend nodded and pulled out her phone to call Richard. You went back to keeping Joel occupied until you finally heard Richard's muffled voice on the other side.

"Joel give me the phone. You need to sleep. You can call her later when you wake up ok?"

"No, I need her to take me back. La amo, ¿por qué no lo entiendes?" you heard Joel shout over the phone.

Throughout the years of dating Joel you never really picked up on any Spanish which left you completely lost. Finally you hear some wrestling before Richard begins to speak to you directly from the other side of the phone.

"Hey, sorry about Joel. I'll get him in bed and make sure to keep his phone so he doesn't call again. Thanks for getting a hold of me. I thought he had gone to bed after I told him not to call you."

"It's alright. Thanks for helping with him. Have a good night Richard."

-------------- Later that morning ---------------

You woke up and decided to give Joel a call and see if he was up to meet up for brunch. After everything that happened on the phone last night, you decided it would be best to talk about his feelings.

"Hey sleepyhead. How hungover are you right now? You sounded pretty drunk last night when you called."

"I'm so sorry about that. Richard practically scolded me this morning when I went around asking if anyone knew where my phone was."

"It's fine. There are some things that I think we need to discuss though. You said some pretty serious stuff last night."

"I'll drive to your place after picking up some food if that works for you?"

"That's great. Thanks Joel. I'll see you later."

You waited anxiously for Joel to pull up and when he did, you were completely speechless. He placed the bags of food on your kitchen counter before turning to hold you in his arms.

"I meant what I said last night. I know I was drunk and it came out of nowhere but it's true. I still love you and if you still love me, I was hoping we could get back together."

"Joel, I don't know what to say."

"Say you'll take me back. I promise to make more time for you."

"I think we should take things slow. Go on some dates before diving back in and being in a relationship."

"Of course. Whatever you want. I just want you back in my life as more than a friend."