5 Past Loves: Where (CNCO- Chris)

Where I loved was a boy I met during my time in Miami. I had just graduated from university and moved there to start my 6 month internship. I never planned on staying an additional 2 years but it all changed when I met him. We met at a coffee shop and ended up sitting there talking for hours before he had to leave for a meeting with his band mates. It was so easy to talk to him and there was never an awkward moment with him that day.

When my internship was coming to an end, I was worried about what I was going to do because at first I was going to move back home at the end of the 6 months but after meeting Chris, I wasn't so sure anymore. Being with him during the 6 months of my internship had taught me so much. He helped me become someone I never knew I was capable of becoming. So I stayed in Miami with him.

Soon a year had passed, then somehow another year after that. I couldn't leave the city. It was like I was drawn to him. The need to stay and just be in his presence was something I never felt before meeting Christopher. I couldn't leave him.

Maybe it was my desire to be alone, or prove something to everyone back at home who said I could never make it on my own but he helped me accomplish it over there.

With a relationship reflective of the city we were in, a new energy, and new experiences that really pushed me to mature more than anyone or anywhere else. Staying in Miami was easy because I had Chris with me throughout the whole thing. He made me see myself in a different light and helped me learn how to truly be independent.

When people ask what city I love the most, I say Miami. The city where I loved the most.

And that...was where I loved.

-----------------------------